Woof's scary Experience.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2014, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2014 03:55 PM by Mr Woof.)
Woof's scary Experience.
I had just finished pumping iron and was in the spa chatting with some chicks.
The conversation was somewhat impaired due to the noise, but things were flowing....
Then, out of the blue,my speech becomes garbled and the words of others quite distorted. The cycle stopped and the girls left, perhaps not realising what was happening. The life guard came across...'rhubarb, rhubarb.rhubarb', I tried to respond.
After five to ten my head cleared and I made for the change room.

After some weekend googling, by Sunday, I was getting a bit concerned.I spoke with the "Nurse on Call" who seemed quite concerned I had not gone straight to hospital.
She gave me the address of a Sunday clinic. Thus followed the standard medical for a mini stoke, along with multiple scans to be carried out over the next few days. Yes! it looked like a mini stroke.

Now on a blood thinner (dipyridamole) and feeling O.K,I see the doc Monday.
Earlier this month all of my annual blood tests were fine, so I was a bit surprised.

Other than what I experienced the main symptoms for T.I.A. (transcient ischaemic attack) are inability to raise one's arms, weakness and staggering to one side, paralysis, and blindness in one or both eyes. A quick trip to the ER is highly recommended.

Stroke prevention is similar to care for the heart.
A sensible diet, regular cardio exercise, avoidance of obesity and diabetes, along with a relatively stress free existence will help considerably.

At 72 I realise by best days are behind me. Still age is no reason to shut up shop and I am now looking to even
greater efforts in P.T., nutrition, and meditational pursuits.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Mr Woof's post
28-03-2014, 03:24 PM
RE: Woof's scary Experience.
Sorry to hear that happen to you, Woof! At least now you're aware, staying positive and focusing on taking care of yourself so you can try to avoid this in the future.

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
28-03-2014, 03:27 PM
I'm glad you're okay dude, really!

Although, just like Morondog I thought your most scary experiences were with the vacuum cleaner.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
28-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Wow. A co worker of my husband had a stroke before age 40, and a professional hockey player, Chris LeTang had one recently.

Prompt treatment at the ER is crucial, there are meds, which given right away can minimize damage.

Glad you are feeling ok and you escaped without damage.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
28-03-2014, 05:37 PM
I'm so glad you're ok Hug Dangit woofie, something like that happens, get your butt to the doctor ASAP!! Could have been much worse Confused Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post