Woofly/Guffly

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2015, 05:31 PM
Woofly/Guffly
On the 30th June 2015 I requested a name change form Woof to Old Gruffly (see Forum Information Matters) which was never acknowledged ; this was well prior to allegedly offensive admin post 5/8/15. This largely in order to make a fresh start.

Melbourne time tomorrow I will have 4 years up with TTA, not an inconsiderable amount of time, and again respectfully request this user name change to Old Gruffly.

If this granted I am quite happy to forfeit all accrued rep over this time which was 35, last observation.

As for my banning for sock puppetry, where I co posted with my then wife,well I served my time there, and don't see such currently relevant. It would be nice to see more credence given to 'flaming' and thread hi jacks perhaps.

Thanks to those from whom I have received some support.Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2015, 05:37 PM
RE: Woofly/Guffly
(11-07-2015 05:31 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  On the 30th June 2015 I requested a name change form Woof to Old Gruffly (see Forum Information Matters) which was never acknowledged ; this was well prior to allegedly offensive admin post 5/8/15. This largely in order to make a fresh start.

Melbourne time tomorrow I will have 4 years up with TTA, not an inconsiderable amount of time, and again respectfully request this user name change to Old Gruffly.

If this granted I am quite happy to forfeit all accrued rep over this time which was 35, last observation.

As for my banning for sock puppetry, where I co posted with my then wife,well I served my time there, and don't see such currently relevant. It would be nice to see more credence given to 'flaming' and thread hi jacks perhaps.

11-07-2015, 05:47 PM
(11-07-2015 05:37 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(11-07-2015 05:31 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  On the 30th June 2015 I requested a name change form Woof to Old Gruffly (see Forum Information Matters) which was never acknowledged ; this was well prior to allegedly offensive admin post 5/8/15. This largely in order to make a fresh start.

As Pauline Hanson once said....."please explain?'
11-07-2015, 05:51 PM
(11-07-2015 05:47 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  As Pauline Hanson once said....."please explain?'

I believe what Pablo was saying is, good to have you back Old Gruffly, we missed you. Rolleyes

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
11-07-2015, 05:57 PM
Actually heading should read Gruffly......my typoFacepalm
11-07-2015, 05:58 PM
(11-07-2015 05:57 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Actually heading should read Gruffly......my typoFacepalm
Change it.
11-07-2015, 06:02 PM
(11-07-2015 05:58 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(11-07-2015 05:57 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Actually heading should read Gruffly......my typoFacepalm
Change it.

When the admin answer my 30/6 question>>>>>hang on I don't know how toWeeping
11-07-2015, 06:02 PM
Your request was denied. We don't actually have to change anyone's user name ever. It's handled on a case by case basis only. Established members cannot change their names, it causes confusion. I would give the same answer to anyone here. It's also why we don't allow members to change their own names.

Newer members might be allowed to once -- because with newer people it doesn't cause as much confusion.

If you start a new account, you will be guilty of creating a sock puppet.

This matter is concluded.
/thread

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-07-2015, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2015 06:06 PM by morondog.)
Old Gruffly is a cool name... I know Woofs is a vewy naughty boy but... if admin were to grant this request then personally I'd be quite stoked. The only downside is that Woof is a bit of a fixture. Part of the furniture...

ETA: Moms was ahead of me... Fair point Moms.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
11-07-2015, 06:10 PM
(11-07-2015 06:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Your request was denied. We don't actually have to change anyone's user name ever. It's handled on a case by case basis only. Established members cannot change their names, it causes confusion. I would give the same answer to anyone here. It's also why we don't allow members to change their own names.

Newer members might be allowed to once -- because with newer people it doesn't cause as much confusion.

If you start a new account, you will be guilty of creating a sock puppet.

This matter is concluded.
/thread

Just like Woof will be concluded end 12/7/14. Who changed that rule?
I seem to recall name changes rather recently!Cool

Surely Woofington 11 wouldn't cause confusion!Bowing