Word games.....Humor.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2016, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2016 04:09 PM by Brian37.)
Word games.....Humor.
RationalPoet....... While I don't find death funny in reality, even for my enemies, I still like dark humor. I am no fan of taboos in the context of humor. Our species language is funny, and no matter the language, anywhere in the world, no matter how upscale or "dignified" a word may be, the similarity of other words or part of that word can lead unintended interpretation.

Ok, so as life takes friend and foe alike, Scalia died. But when dignitaries, royalty or famous people die our language differs. He simply was not on display for his family and fans, because he was a government official he "Lay In Repose". He's dead, as dead as poor person you've never heard of. But "Repose" is funny in any case. Why couldn't Scalia lay in suppose or juxtapose? But if they got his funeral right the first time, why would they need to "Repose" him? I think if you are going to get a funeral right, you should get the body position right the first time?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
19-02-2016, 03:57 PM
RE: Word games.....Humor.
No, they meant that they had to "re-pose" his body to look more presentable for the funeral, because he died with a Bible in his hand while trying to shove it up his own ass.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
19-02-2016, 04:01 PM
A woodworking forum I'm a member of has a person whose sig is "Putting the laughter back in manslaughter". Some people got offended. Weeping I think it is funny. But then, I'm a bit twisted, myself.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
19-02-2016, 05:53 PM
(19-02-2016 02:36 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  RationalPoet....... While I don't find death funny in reality, even for my enemies, I still like dark humor. I am no fan of taboos in the context of humor. Our species language is funny, and no matter the language, anywhere in the world, no matter how upscale or "dignified" a word may be, the similarity of other words or part of that word can lead unintended interpretation.

Ok, so as life takes friend and foe alike, Scalia died. But when dignitaries, royalty or famous people die our language differs. He simply was not on display for his family and fans, because he was a government official he "Lay In Repose". He's dead, as dead as poor person you've never heard of. But "Repose" is funny in any case. Why couldn't Scalia lay in suppose or juxtapose? But if they got his funeral right the first time, why would they need to "Repose" him? I think if you are going to get a funeral right, you should get the body position right the first time?

Maybe he was lying in dissent. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post