Word of the Day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2017, 11:23 AM
RE: Word of the Day
Made-up word but still one of my favorites:

redneckedness

Defininition not really necessary---you're all intelligent enough to draw your own conclusions. But I will use it in a sentence. (True story) My neighbor taught all his sons to pee into the bushes while standing on their back porch instead of using the commode. He is the epitome of redneckedness. ( And nothing will grow there anymore.)

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
07-07-2017, 11:26 AM
(02-01-2016 07:59 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  sic /sik/

adverb, Latin.

1. so; thus: usually written parenthetically to denote that a word, phrase, passage, etc., that may appear strange or incorrect has been written intentionally or has been quoted verbatim.

Example:

The company is selling a T-shirt for girls with the following grammatically incorrect sentence written in shiny silver print: “If your[sic] single, so am I.” [NY Daily News]
There must be an alternative definition around my neck of the woods. "Sic" is generally followed by 'em.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
07-07-2017, 01:45 PM
I like "deliquescent".
07-07-2017, 03:54 PM
Banjaxed...... how I feel at the moment. Just got back from a five day city break in Copenhagen. Had a fantastic few days but it's now time to crash out.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
07-07-2017, 08:54 PM
(07-07-2017 11:23 AM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Made-up word but still one of my favorites:

redneckedness

Defininition not really necessary---you're all intelligent enough to draw your own conclusions. But I will use it in a sentence. (True story) My neighbor taught all his sons to pee into the bushes while standing on their back porch instead of using the commode. He is the epitome of redneckedness. ( And nothing will grow there anymore.)
I got a similar story. My brother and I were sitting in our town's park one night. It was around 9:00pm or so. There are houses around said park, and I noticed a door opening. Boy about the age of 12 walks out onto his porch. Bare ass naked. Stands on the edge of the porch and starts pissing. I turn my brother, and ask (pissing boy couldn't hear), "Is that naked boy actually pissing outside where everyone can see?"

Boy finishes, shakes, and then stands by the front of the porch, now facing us. He looks, realizes there are people watching. He screams and runs inside.

A. Da hell?
B. Does his family not care?
C. So much redneckedness.