Words I Want to Forget

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Words I Want to Forget
Blink

We need a thread for those things that are said that make you run screaming for the brain bleach...the 'what has been seen cannot be unseen' things...the things that make you faceplam yourself till you pass out...the WTAF stuff.

These don't quite fit in "Words I Want to Remember" or in one of the quotes threads.

So....go....

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2014, 05:42 PM
RE: Words I Want to Forget
A post made by my creepy religious cousin on facebook one day.......

"My heart goes out to Japan and all their suffering due to the tsunami. But only 4% of the population believes in god.....just sayin."

Shocking

Frusty

Argue

Weeping

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 3 users Like CindysRain's post
22-05-2014, 05:47 PM
(22-05-2014 05:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Blink

We need a thread for those things that are said that make you run screaming for the brain bleach...the 'what has been seen cannot be unseen' things...the things that make you faceplam yourself till you pass out...the WTAF stuff.

These don't quite fit in "Words I Want to Remember" or in one of the quotes threads.

So....go....

I'm struggling to see how this will help to forget them. ConsiderBlink

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
22-05-2014, 05:51 PM
(22-05-2014 05:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 05:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Blink

So....go....

I'm struggling to see how this will help to forget them. ConsiderBlink

No just No

#sigh
22-05-2014, 06:11 PM
(22-05-2014 05:42 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  A post made by my creepy religious cousin on facebook one day.......

"My heart goes out to Japan and all their suffering due to the tsunami. But only 4% of the population believes in god.....just sayin."

Shocking

Frusty

Argue

Weeping

You see america is jelly that japan is 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% better, and they don't have creationist or rednecks.Drinking Beverage

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
22-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Good idea for a thread.

Recently I came across a post that I instantly wished I hadn't read and wanted to immediately forget.

It was...

Consider

Hang on a sec, it'll come to me...

Dodgy

I'll get back to you.

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
22-05-2014, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2014 08:03 PM by Anjele.)
Sometimes people miss the really 'special'. Those things should be shared. Tongue

Yeah, probably a bad idea...I hereby retract the suggestion.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
22-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Good idea!

I think it helps for others to recognize and maybe even feel the silent and unnecessary pain so we don't feel so alone in our cringing misery.Shy

This is the one that has bothered me for over a year now, and I replay the scene with a proper reaction from myself all the time because I feel so unjustified in the exchange.

I know people always joke or shake their heads, but when you hear this in person from someone you know and care about all your life, it's devastating.

"I don't believe in science."

Ugh. I reacted in shock, mouth open and pure silence.

I have so many things I could have said, so many witty memes I could make... but I lost the moment to have a conversation because my brain seized. Weeping

I wish I had a time machine to go back... made from science.
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
22-05-2014, 09:00 PM
From the creationist inlaws "NASA is a waste of money"

if only they had a clue how much they do with so little funds.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
22-05-2014, 09:16 PM
(22-05-2014 09:00 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  From the creationist inlaws "NASA is a waste of money"

if only they had a clue how much they do with so little funds.

And how much space travel has impacted humanity for the better. From medical advances to technical strides.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post