Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
08-08-2016, 07:11 AM
RE: Words I want to remember
(08-08-2016 06:03 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  You have no more idea of what is going on in Rubio's mind then you know what is going on in ours.

FTH responding to Heywood. Classic.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
12-08-2016, 07:38 AM
unfogged Wrote:The First Book Of The Chronicles; chapter 26

That anybody reveres this book is the only miracle.

Yes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
15-08-2016, 01:29 PM
(15-08-2016 12:09 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Amongst the 4,000+ viewers may be the cultural-theists/deists who will shake their heads and throw in their tattered towels and the fence-sitters who have already had their god-bubbles burst by their own inquiries, their own soul-searching and the wealth of evidence in favour of methodological naturalism and against faith-based epistemology, yet are hanging on to the last shreds of their childhood / childish beliefs for social and nostalgic or tradition-laden perceived benefits, will totter and fall on the side of reality.

Poetry. Bowing

[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
20-08-2016, 10:27 AM
(16-08-2016 08:01 PM)Aliza Wrote:  ---
The things people think in their heads doesn’t really matter… is what they do with it that can cause problems.

How do people not get this? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
26-08-2016, 04:03 PM
Alice: "I'm playing Batman and Rapunzel. Batman is trying to save Rapunzel, but she doesn't need help."

We must be doing something right.
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
27-08-2016, 08:35 AM
My word of the day is... fecund.

It sounds like something it isn't LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
30-08-2016, 09:49 PM
[Image: a411a094705e61901298cabfa5793db3.png]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
31-08-2016, 04:19 AM
(31-07-2016 01:46 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Hi,

I was in a pub today and the barmaid asked me “What is your favourite word?” I was stumped. She said hers is ‘serendipity’ at the moment, but it changes from time to time.

Nice vibe. I'll remember that. Smile

D.

Like Dworkin's barmaid (wish I met barnaids like that) "serendipity" is my favourite word also.

I like the sound of it and, very much, especially in the sense of a "happy accident". Had many of those: got lost in a strange town and found a great shop of some sort (second hand books, war surplus, charity, jokes, scientific toys etc), a mistake in making something produces something equally as good, but different, or sparks off a new idea . . .

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
01-09-2016, 08:10 PM
(01-09-2016 06:59 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  ... Rather I'd say promote rationality, the scientific method, and critical thinking. Atheism is an organic end result of these three and by focusing on them we indirectly promote atheism as well as countless other positive things, where as promoting atheism without those things is largely useless.

This is definitely worth remembering.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
05-09-2016, 08:10 PM
(05-09-2016 11:16 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  You arent (necessarily) moral by just following proclamations of somebody else. By doing so you dont show morality but obedience. You become moral once you understand and decide for yourself...

Exactamundo!

[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post