Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
13-03-2017, 05:16 AM
RE: Words I want to remember
(12-03-2017 05:48 PM)kim Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 03:23 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  ----
---
- The only plausible solution is a reality where all universes exist simultaneously & we are the observers choosing which path to view.
----

Kinda demanding there ... for someone just observing. Shy

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-03-2017, 10:51 AM
[Image: 2q0n3g1.jpg]

[Image: 1fizps.jpg]

[+] 9 users Like DLJ's post
15-03-2017, 01:30 PM
(15-03-2017 01:07 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  How can consciousness be continuous after life when it isn't even continuous during life?

Goddamn Angel

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
15-03-2017, 02:03 PM
(11-03-2017 01:08 PM)kim Wrote:  
(11-03-2017 09:21 AM)pablo Wrote:  Wouldn't this require forming one big 'tribe'?
Consider

Essentially, we already are. We just don't fucking realize it.

While there are four species of giraffes, we humans are the last of our species.

I'm pretty certain not a lot of people understand that. Dodgy

At least some of us understand this concept.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
15-03-2017, 02:37 PM
(14-03-2017 10:51 AM)DLJ Wrote:  [Image: 2q0n3g1.jpg]

[Image: 1fizps.jpg]

That is great! Thanks!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
16-03-2017, 01:18 PM
(16-03-2017 01:00 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(16-03-2017 08:48 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Our biological brains seem to have a propensity for religious beliefs, and are quite receptive to them.

Most insect brains seem to have a propensity to fly in a bug zapper. Does this make flying into a bug zapper the right choice?

Don't be the bug that flys into the zapper.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-03-2017, 01:30 PM
(22-03-2017 07:03 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There are some Norwegians who have a genetic defect which makes it so their blood carries as much as 50% more oxygen than normal.

This obviously gives them a competitive advantage in endurance sports like cross country skiing.

No wonder ELK's tireless with them drums! Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
29-03-2017, 08:58 AM
(29-03-2017 07:50 AM)Emma Wrote:  Anyway, no one is saying not to take terrorism seriously. But fear and discrimination will not solve terrorism. It will only breed more in the long run.

This is so easy to lose sight of at times when it is evermore necessary.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
30-03-2017, 01:08 PM
(22-04-2013 04:15 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  Nazareth was the Washington D.C. of ancient Israel, from which nothing good can come.

Bump. Prescient.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
30-03-2017, 01:21 PM
(05-05-2013 12:42 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  This is a completely non functioning way to operate in a global Information Age. Attempting force the entire world and every American citizen to conform to this Iron Maiden of nationalism, bigotry, prejudice, and intolerance in order to stroke the egos of a mass of stupid ignorant assholes who throw screaming tantrums and threaten violence and revolution when they don't get their way is unacceptable.

Bump again. Damn we have some erudite philosophers on this forum.

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post