Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
30-03-2017, 01:44 PM
RE: Words I want to remember
(30-03-2017 01:21 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(05-05-2013 12:42 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  This is a completely non functioning way to operate in a global Information Age. Attempting force the entire world and every American citizen to conform to this Iron Maiden of nationalism, bigotry, prejudice, and intolerance in order to stroke the egos of a mass of stupid ignorant assholes who throw screaming tantrums and threaten violence and revolution when they don't get their way is unacceptable.

Bump again. Damn we have some erudite philosophers on this forum.

Yea... Carlo always did have a way with words. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2017, 10:34 AM
(02-04-2017 08:57 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  If we banned folks just for being assholes, the only place I could post would be my journal. Big Grin

It takes a village. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-04-2017, 12:26 PM
(02-04-2017 10:34 AM)kim Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 08:57 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  If we banned folks just for being assholes, the only place I could post would be my journal. Big Grin

It takes a village. Shy

You're saying every village needs an idiot? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
02-04-2017, 12:37 PM
(02-04-2017 12:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 10:34 AM)kim Wrote:  It takes a village. Shy

You're saying every village needs an idiot? Consider

In a village of idiots, an intelligent man would appear to be an idiot.

Welcome to the village. Wink

[+] 3 users Like kim's post
04-04-2017, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2017 05:39 PM by Vera.)
Kimmie, in the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man... gets his eye poked out Undecided (There is an older Bulgarian rock-song along those lines. Not too bad for... well, for a Bulgarian rock-song, anyway Rolleyes

(04-04-2017 09:36 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Direct perception of reality is not an option. Like by definition.

Girly, my dear, there's something about your pithy way with words that really resonates with me. I still think that "eternal life dilutes me to homeopathic levels" bit a stroke of pure genius and regularly use the phrase "post-mortem preservation of identity" (more online, than in real life, as there are precious few people in my life I could talk about such things with. And be understood when I do Undecided )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
04-04-2017, 10:59 AM
(04-04-2017 09:51 AM)Vera Wrote:  Kimmie, in the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man... gets eye poked out Undecided (There is an older Bulgarian rock-song along those lines. Not too bad for... well, for a Bulgarian rock-song, anyway Rolleyes

(04-04-2017 09:36 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Direct perception of reality is not an option. Like by definition.

Girly, my dear, there's something about your pithy way with words that really resonates with me. I still think that "eternal life dilutes me to homeopathic levels" bit a stroke of pure genius and regularly use the phrase "post-mortem preservation of identity" (more online, than in real life, as there are precious few people in my life I could talk about such things with. And be understood when I do Undecided )

“One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple.” - Wack Jack the Dharma Bum Smile

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-04-2017, 11:10 AM
(04-04-2017 10:59 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  “One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple.” - Wack Jack the Dharma Bum Smile

[Image: wallhaven-4283591.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
04-04-2017, 11:17 AM
This thread is kinda awesome.

Also, I could go full blown creeper over Vera with alacrity... Blush

Gwynnies preserve me. Angel

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
04-04-2017, 01:03 PM
Haven’t we been down this road before, Johnny dearest [Image: hug2-smiley.gif]

Trust me, this isn’t one of my favourite quotes for no reason:

"The greatest pain sometimes comes from our own self-knowledge. What we are in the eyes of others and what we know ourselves to be." Undecided

We are not very impressed with ourselves, frankly… We do, however, love creeping plants. And flowers of all sorts and descriptions (sans orchids). See, we're not *entirely* heartless Blush

the green vine
peeks in the window...
summer heat

[Image: 99031871_o.jpg]

a pretty thing
on the beggarly vine...
buds
[Image: v1577.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
04-04-2017, 01:03 PM
(04-04-2017 10:59 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  “One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple.” - Wack Jack the Dharma Bum Smile

"It is by a mathematical point only that we are wise, as the sailor or the fugitive slave keeps the pole-star in his eye; but that is sufficient guidance for all our life. We may not arrive at our port within a calculable period, but we would preserve the true course." -- Henry Thoreau, Walden
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post