Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
14-05-2017, 02:10 PM
RE: Words I want to remember
(19-04-2017 09:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  "A buttload of dildo's is only one dildo."

I have seen video evidence to the contrary.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-05-2017, 02:11 PM
QFT.

(14-05-2017 01:27 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  I have no problem with the existence of God/gods.I think that God that humans worship is a human-social-cultural construct projecting mankind's idealism on morality,ethics,authority,love,sacrifice,submission,duty,purpose,emotions,need to control human impulses,peace,stability,life's questions,questions about reality,self worth,importance of human kind etc.And this God[a human projection] doesn't describe an iota of real characteristics of an actual God/gods who may exist.

#sigh
21-05-2017, 09:45 PM
(20-05-2017 07:17 AM)BeccaBoo Wrote:  I now feel like every moment used against love between people is wasted.

-BeccaBoo

You can't say it better.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
24-05-2017, 06:37 PM
(24-05-2017 06:30 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Any religion that vilifies pride while exalting shame should be torn apart by wild tortoises, set ablaze, and flung shrieking into the abyss from which it arose.

I'm guessing this is like an animal version of the death by a thousand cuts, incredibly slow and annoying, on top of everything else.

Also, that would've made that cheesy Rolling Stones so much better Yes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
28-05-2017, 09:11 PM
(28-05-2017 04:06 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  To me, immortality makes sense only for a god, and a god makes no sense.

That's as brilliant as it is succinct Thumbsup

03-06-2017, 06:55 AM
(03-06-2017 04:59 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The church produces nothing, and sells that nothing relentlessly.

[Image: 1q8jba.jpg]

(And every other religious leader that has ever lived, and their vile institutions)

[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
06-06-2017, 09:53 AM
(05-06-2017 05:27 PM)mordant Wrote:  ---
As Kafka said, "Hell is other people". That has many meanings, not least that you can't fully know yourself but for the judgments of others ... but it also means you have to live with their expectations and needs but they can't take on your burdens, or you theirs. Not really. We pretend it helps. It doesn't. The only person who has ever even partially understood me, is me. The only person who has never knowingly let me down, is me. The only person who has ever carried my burdens, or even really usefully cared about them, is me.

Maybe this is another reason for the popularity of gods, they have alleged super-powers that our fellow humans do not. Alas ... another illusion.

I've tried so many times to express this. This captures the nuance I could never quite put together. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
17-06-2017, 11:10 PM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2017 11:21 PM by evenheathen.)
"You've signed up to the wrong social contract... the one drafted by the people who make and sell the fear and the hopelessness and of course, the guns... the one that perpetuates the myth that frontier justice is the only justice.

You can escape it. But first you have to realise that it's a state of mind... your mind."

~DLJ

It would be a pleasure to meet you someday, and have a drink together on a Sunday afternoon. Here's to frivolous wishes.

:some sort of appropriate emoji:
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
21-06-2017, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2017 07:28 PM by jennybee.)
(21-06-2017 06:00 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I got slapped by the fat stripper and ALSO by a random girl in a bar, I must have one of those faces lol.

[Image: giphy.gif]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
30-06-2017, 11:36 AM
(30-06-2017 11:21 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The reason they come is to try to convince us, the reason they stay is to try to convince themselves.

You still've got it, Girly, my dear!