Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
22-11-2017, 04:59 PM
RE: Words I want to remember
(22-11-2017 03:52 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  Humans aren't some sort of jackpot on a celestial fruit machine. We're what happened, sitting around marveling at ourselves.

Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
22-11-2017, 09:02 PM
"Phlegm". I always want to remember "phlegm".

It's the absolute best Hang-Man word.

Disappointing theists since 1968
[+] 3 users Like A. Secular Human's post
23-11-2017, 10:49 PM
(23-11-2017 06:55 PM)unsapien Wrote:  ...
Around here we don't throw our babies out with the bath water, that would be a terrible waste of food. Tongue

Adding that to my stand-up routine. Where do I send the cheque?

Yes

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
24-11-2017, 02:29 AM
fecundity Sounds kinda naughty... and it is sometimes. Blush

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
01-12-2017, 07:24 AM
(30-11-2017 11:27 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The fundamental nature of reality gives zero fucks about being comprehensible to anthropoid apes living on the surface of the third planet orbiting a G2V yellow dwarf star in a random system floating in one of the arms of the Milky Way galaxy.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
04-12-2017, 02:16 PM
Alice (my six-year-old): Reindeer use their antlers for fighting and getting females.

Me: What do they do when they get the females?

Alice: Oh! They mostly hang out, and sometimes get married if they have a bonus point. They get a bonus point by knocking one of the other antlers off.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
05-12-2017, 05:05 PM
I wish I could remember who said this, and I may be paraphrasing, but I think it's one of the most awe-inspiring aspects of a naturalistic world view:
Quote:Simply given 14 billion years, hydrogen atoms try to find out where they came from
[+] 2 users Like jonw's post
05-12-2017, 05:54 PM
(05-12-2017 05:47 PM)unsapien Wrote:  Actually, worse then that... you had angels...like half of them or something, angels that knew you, that lived with you in fucking heaven. Angels that one day up and decided, fuck this guy...I'd rather spend eternity burning in hell then spend one more minute glorifying this asshat...

Laugh out load

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
06-12-2017, 11:27 AM
(06-12-2017 10:39 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  It’s that thing Pluto describes as what’s discovered outside of the cave, that thing that one can only recognize as the source of everything else. There’s some plutonism for you.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
07-12-2017, 04:18 AM
(08-03-2012 03:06 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Don't forget the Ferdinand douchebaggery sig.

I'm very happy! in my life there is a girl I love)