Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
26-02-2013, 12:20 PM
RE: Words I want to remember
(23-02-2013 11:47 PM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  My friend told me today that people in fact don't just love each other because "If the power goes out they will all eat each other"

So, remember to stay thin so your godless friends won't consider you lunch. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
26-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Phaedrus Wrote:The concept of vicarious redemption -- the idea that someone else can magically take away your responsibility for any and all misdeeds you have committed -- is inherently wicked. It offers forgiveness where it has no right to, and damnation where it cannot possibly judge.

Angel Awesomely awesome. Angel

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
26-02-2013, 12:23 PM
(26-02-2013 12:20 PM)kim Wrote:  So, remember to stay thin so your godless friends won't consider you lunch.
Ah, but Kim, some people prefer leaner meat! [Image: scared2656564.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
26-02-2013, 11:28 PM
(26-02-2013 12:23 PM)Vera Wrote:  Ah, but Kim, some people prefer leaner meat! [Image: scared2656564.gif]
What you do see, you lean the packet against the wall behind the kitchen counter Smile

Bechased
27-02-2013, 02:23 AM
(26-02-2013 11:28 PM)morondog Wrote:  you lean the packet against the wall behind the kitchen counter Smile
I think (but I may be wrong) that you might have caught Chas' pun thing. Must be contagious...

27-02-2013, 08:31 AM
(27-02-2013 08:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  That first one... that's the toughest. After that... you see the world differently. Love people more, live your life to the max. Not because one day *you* won't be there but because one day *they* won't be. I couldn't give a shit about the day I die... I will be dead, I won't care. But... when a friend dies, when someone you have loved dies... then *you're* left behind. That's the sucky bit. That's the bit I hate.
Heart

Also:
Quote:I couldn't give a shit about the day I die... I will be dead, I won't care.
But we might [Image: shh.gif]

27-02-2013, 01:32 PM
(27-02-2013 08:31 AM)Vera Wrote:  Also:
Quote:I couldn't give a shit about the day I die... I will be dead, I won't care.
But we might [Image: shh.gif]

Still won't care Tongue Corpses are psycho like that.
27-02-2013, 01:34 PM
(27-02-2013 01:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  Still won't care Tongue Corpses are psycho like that.
You want some help with offing yourself then? I'll gladly help Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
27-02-2013, 01:41 PM
(27-02-2013 01:34 PM)Vera Wrote:  You want some help with offing yourself then? I'll gladly help Dodgy

Help with getting off, yes, help with offing, no, but if the offer of getting off is in the offing, then yes Smile Note that when I say "in the offing" I do not mean that during the act of offing I should be getting off, merely that should the act of getting off be an option of greater than negligible probability then conditional upon the exclusion of any possibility of getting offed I accept the offer.

Tee hee Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
27-02-2013, 01:49 PM
(27-02-2013 01:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  Help with getting off, yes, help with offing, no, but if the offer of getting off is in the offing, then yes

I was under the impression that you could (and did) take care of that yourself Dodgy

Quote:Note that when I say "in the offing" I do not mean that during the act of offing I should be getting off

What about vice versa?

Quote:merely that should the act of getting off be an option of greater than negligible probability then conditional upon the exclusion of any possibility of getting offed I accept the offer.

Could you run that one past me once more? You saying that if there's any chance you might get offed (as in dead), the whole deal is off? 'Cause if that's what you're saying, it's your loss. Some things are well worth the risk of biting the big one Drinking Beverage