Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
26-03-2013, 06:49 PM
RE: Words I want to remember
(26-03-2013 06:20 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(26-03-2013 06:17 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Poetry from the G-man
Damn, you beat me to it. Unsure
Laughat

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2013, 05:01 PM
As I noted, no one can think I enjoy this: this is like taking a club to a baby seal. - Doctor X as he proceeds to then club the shit outta a baby seal. Big Grin

This is not my signature.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
27-03-2013, 09:53 PM
(27-03-2013 06:20 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  ...if reality is an illusion, it is a cruelly persistent one.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
29-03-2013, 08:01 AM
(29-03-2013 01:58 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  A god validated by the theists around here would be a combination of Freddy Kruger and Bozo the Clown - only with extra bozo.

29-03-2013, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2013 11:49 PM by cufflink.)
Q: Why couldn't Jesus walk on water after the crucifixion?

A:
DLJ Wrote:He could no longer perform that holy feat 'cause of his holey feet.

Wholly brilliant. Bowing

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 4 users Like cufflink's post
01-04-2013, 01:07 PM
(31-03-2013 10:13 AM)kim Wrote:  The neighbors' rabid kids are finally silent; they must have finally been hauled off to christeeland for their rituals. The littlest psychos need rabbit shaped sugary amphetamines because they just aren't confused enough by the celebration of brutalizing a human being to death only to have the guilt haunt everyone for thousands of years so they make up stories that they were visited by casper the friendly Jew.

It's like a mini short-story. By Roald Dahl. Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
01-04-2013, 08:39 PM
(25-03-2013 09:13 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  What role does a god play in a natural universe with physical laws ?
God isn't required for fire to be a fire, nor does a cake need a dash of god for it to be a cake.
The universe itself doesn't need a god for it to exist.

The reasoning cuts to the bone.

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
03-04-2013, 07:22 AM
(03-04-2013 02:19 AM)amyb Wrote:  And when they say, " but I can feel Jesus in my heart!" WTF is that supposed to me(an)? They get a rush of serotonin and dopamine when they pray, or something, and they somehow think this proves the existence of god. No, it proves their neurotransmitters are doing stuff and that they get warm fuzzy feelings when thinking about jesus. I get warm fuzzy feelings if I imagine millions of dollars in my bank account, but that doesn't mean the money is really there.

But it sure is fun to think about Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
05-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Truth be told, Ed, you are a theist... but you are atheistic towards Christ. You only believe and serve one god - Edward J Gordon - and, if that's what it means to be a theist, then consider me an atheist with a capital "A".

This is not my signature.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-04-2013, 11:35 AM
(04-04-2013 09:36 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Conclusions?
1.No evidence X is true.
2.They let dumb chicks into Harvard.

Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post