Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4 Average
06-04-2013, 05:52 AM
RE: Words I want to remember
(06-04-2013 02:13 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  As for a phrase, I think one of my least favorites would have to be "you're either with us or against us." Really, where's the "I don't give a shit about you" option?

Just visiting.

-SR
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
06-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Goddam motherfucking brilliance from the Prophet of the Paltrow:
I have seen Void, and embraced it. I can hardly wait to end.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-04-2013, 07:20 AM
(08-04-2013 02:55 PM)Luminon Wrote:  Religion is like a mold, it thrives in dark places.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
09-04-2013, 11:07 AM
(09-04-2013 11:01 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Or if you accidentally miss a whole page and a hot and tantalizing conversation happened all about you in that one page. What about then? huh? huh?
For some reason this really made me chuckle. And then shudder with horror at the thought that it might happen to me. I wanna know if people are having tantalizing convos 'bout me, dammit! Big Grin

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
09-04-2013, 03:54 PM
In response to backhand fail by lame christee...
(09-04-2013 07:26 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The lesson of parsimony is that the inclusion of extraneous variables is without bound. Here you have it easy. A bunch of atheists means you can get away with "goddidit." Yet go to a Christian site, and what happens? A bunch of snowflakes quoting scripture at each other. Why would there be this division if there was only "one god?" The simplest answer is, "there isn't;" the simplest explanation that "simulation of mind of another in mind," empathy, provides the mechanism for the "personal god."

Prophet for the win. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
09-04-2013, 08:44 PM
(09-04-2013 06:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ego® is an evangelical who's started his own religion based on some bizarre twisted amalgamation of Berkeley's Idealism, the anthropic principle, and The Christ, while being completely and blissfully ignorant of what any of those even mean.

You say this so matter-of-factly that it cracked me up!

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
09-04-2013, 11:29 PM
This should never be forgotten;

Phaedrus Wrote:The freedom we're given on this forum is one of the main reasons I stick around.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 6 users Like Hughsie's post
10-04-2013, 12:40 AM
The Cunt Ego Wrote:Some days it only seems good and proper to round up atheists into concentration camps and burn them at the stake one by one until they shut up publicly about what they don't believe in.

Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
10-04-2013, 08:03 AM
(10-04-2013 12:40 AM)kim Wrote:  
The Cunt Ego Wrote:Some days it only seems good and proper to round up atheists into concentration camps and burn them at the stake one by one until they shut up publicly about what they don't believe in.

Dodgy

I want to remember this but I can't get myself to give it a "like"...
Egor would have made an excellent right-hand-man for Torquemada. Fucking Egor.

11-04-2013, 08:33 AM
(10-04-2013 05:22 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Complexity is what we see when we don't understand how it all works.
Simplicity is what we see when we do

Simple and elegant

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post