Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.4 Average
17-04-2013, 01:30 PM
RE: Words I want to remember
(17-04-2013 12:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Then they follow up with is there anything in your background which would disqualify you, "Dunno, ya'll let atheists deliberate?" I have been peremptory challenged by either the prosecution or defense every time. It's like a "Get Out of Jury Duty" free card.
LOVE THIS Big Grin

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Did I use this thread correctly, Girly? Consider

Either way, I'm saving that quote... Drinking Beverage

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
17-04-2013, 02:54 PM
(17-04-2013 01:53 PM)Peanut Wrote:  Did I use this thread correctly, Girly? Consider

Either way, I'm saving that quote... Drinking Beverage

Anything you want to remember can go here, Peanut. For example, Ima gonna save this Einstein quote myself 'cause I'll eventually change my siggie back to something that bothers Vera or HoC again before long and I don't want to forget it. Wink

“Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.” - Einstein, in a letter of condolence to the family of an old friend, Michele Basso. One month before Einstein himself died.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Chas...I'm surprised you didn't have this one on your list: keystroke
[+] 3 users Like Lulu344's post
18-04-2013, 07:28 AM
(17-04-2013 11:23 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  As an atheist I believe that this life is it. You interpret that right off to mean that I attribute no meaning to life. This would be a false assumption. If this is all I have, then every moment is that much more precious. Every chance I have to enjoy this beautiful, awesome earth and the wonderful people in my life is that much more valuable. I thank my lucky balls that I am fortunate to be able to play a small role in this clusterfuck of an existence we call life.

from the thread "the God term" page 42

"We're run by a pothead, a housewife, a guy that buys lube in 5kg containers, a cat and a Nazi. Oh and Dom.” - ‘Muffs

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
21-04-2013, 03:09 PM
(21-04-2013 03:02 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  A vapid statement, with no real meaning and only an attempt at depth by a shallow pool.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

22-04-2013, 05:32 AM
(21-04-2013 10:48 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Religion is child abuse, regardless the degree to which it is inflicted upon children and regardless of whether or not it is accompanied by physical violence.

Good point. Many of us are here because we're still dealing with the aftermath.

"We're run by a pothead, a housewife, a guy that buys lube in 5kg containers, a cat and a Nazi. Oh and Dom.” - ‘Muffs

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
22-04-2013, 05:42 AM
(22-04-2013 04:15 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  This prophecy is necessary to justify Jesus coming from Nazareth. Nazareth was the Washington D.C. of ancient Israel, from which nothing good can come.

Had coffee coming out my nose...Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
24-04-2013, 01:23 PM
(24-04-2013 05:29 AM)Vera Wrote:  ...being a part of a group is much easier than being an individual.

[Image: giphy.gif]
25-04-2013, 10:36 AM
(23-04-2013 07:15 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  [T]he only way we, as a species, will survive will be because of our research in labs as opposed to our prayers in pews.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 2 users Like cufflink's post