Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
28-04-2013, 07:18 AM
RE: Words I want to remember
(27-04-2013 12:36 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Ultimately God is a construct that people give of themselves to ease conscience and feel a sense of serenity. But that comes at a great cost because the more you give to your fantasy the less you have of yourself.

Deep and worth contemplating by theists.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."- Mark Twain in Eruption
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
29-04-2013, 04:04 AM
In response to a question regarding the 'futility' of existence in a bio-chemical world:

(29-04-2013 12:12 AM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  ... be that special snowflake that starts an avalanche.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
29-04-2013, 10:06 AM
(29-04-2013 09:55 AM)morondog Wrote:  old Kill-all-my-enemies-and-make-random-sacrifices-of-people-for-arbitrary-crimes-mainly-not-believing-my-wild-eyed-unwashed-priests Jehovah
[Image: Giggle.gif]

[Image: nickydd9.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
29-04-2013, 01:39 PM
(29-04-2013 12:17 PM)nach_in Wrote:  They rob the dignity of little specks of dust in the name of their mental farts...

Great, now I'm angry. Angry

Fucking love the cows. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
29-04-2013, 02:10 PM
(29-04-2013 01:59 AM)Vera Wrote:  ...I can honestly say I've never been happier and more at peace with the world and life than I am now that I know there is no hidden meaning or purpose.

Ditto.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."- Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
30-04-2013, 11:16 AM
(02-12-2012 09:10 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Well, the "lack of belief" definition sux. Is a hamburger made out of ham? Is a slip knot made out of slips? "Atheist," historically, has not been a form of self-entitlement, it has been an insult given to you by others. If you're gonna make a big deal out of strict definition and ignore the historical context, ya ain't doing it. If you call yourself an atheist, you are making a positive claim, besides, it is best to be clear on identifiers. You gonna make a list of all the shit you lack belief in, or are you gonna step up and go, "your god concept sux?"

To proclaim is to reclaim; represent! Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
01-05-2013, 04:35 PM
(01-05-2013 04:53 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Whatever happened to "through faith alone" with these people? Can't trust them to interpret their own texts correctly, we're gonna value their opinion on ours? Consider

The reason I laugh so hard when theists try to talk science. Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like kim's post
01-05-2013, 10:21 PM
(01-05-2013 04:35 PM)kim Wrote:  
(01-05-2013 04:53 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Whatever happened to "through faith alone" with these people? Can't trust them to interpret their own texts correctly, we're gonna value their opinion on ours? Consider

The reason I laugh so hard when theists try to talk science. Thumbsup

You beat me to adding this one. This is a classic.

Of course, some of the most prolific words come from the insane. Big Grin

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
02-05-2013, 04:37 PM
(01-05-2013 10:21 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Of course, some of the most prolific words come from the insane. Big Grin

The prophet walks the line, that others may profess sanity. Angel

[+] 4 users Like kim's post
04-05-2013, 05:45 AM
(04-05-2013 05:24 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  The Southern Cross is just one more insult to your non-beliefs, though it sure is pretty in the night sky.

Very good! And now I'm picturing Free Thought shaking his fist at the sky anytime he sees the Southern Cross and cursing under his breath. Laugh out load

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post