Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
24-05-2013, 02:41 PM
RE: Words I want to remember
(24-05-2013 02:20 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-05-2013 01:19 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Other than invoking Godwin's Law, I want to reiterate than anyone may go to Heaven because of what Jesus Christ has done, not a church or church members.

Thanks for alerting us to the risk Dodgy

Gosh, and I thought my lack of faith was enough. Now it looks like I must go forth sinning. Again. Angry

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
24-05-2013, 02:48 PM
oops, double post...carry on

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
24-05-2013, 03:10 PM
(24-05-2013 02:37 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  He said twerp Laughat

twerp
Main Entry: fool [fool] Show IPA
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: stupid or ridiculous person
Synonyms: ass, birdbrain, blockhead, bonehead, boob*, bore, buffoon, clod, clown, cretin*, dimwit, dolt*, dope*, dumb ox, dunce, dunderhead, easy mark, fair game, fathead, goose, halfwit, idiot, ignoramus, illiterate, imbecile, innocent, jerk*, lamebrain, lightweight, loon, moron, nerd*, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, numskull, oaf, sap*, schlemiel, silly, simpleton, stooge, sucker, turkey, twerp , twit, victim
Antonyms: brain

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
24-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Advice from TBD when we were talking about what would be good to take for courses at Uni/College...

Quote:...choose something you like to study not necessarily a hobby. If you do that it might accidentally make that hobby become tedious.

Thanks man! Smile

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
24-05-2013, 05:03 PM
But I have academic curiosity and potential within my hobbies!

So long as I am learning things news, I don't give a fuck about tedium!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-05-2013, 07:35 AM
Just for clarification....

(24-05-2013 02:37 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  On the topic of morality, whether a bi-product of evolution or not, we get this gem from the 'dog:

this is an evolutionary bi-product:

[Image: andy_dick_1.jpg]

For other purposes... by-product. Big Grin

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like bbeljefe's post
25-05-2013, 04:01 PM
(25-05-2013 05:55 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  An absolutely horrendous, failed system which has been manipulated countless times by the more intelligent and malicious members of various populations, resulting in oppressed peoples globally by both themselves and others, childhood indoctrination and indoctrination of the mentally unstable or in need of help, the vilification of believers of other faiths or no faith at all, count less wars, cleansings and genocides all culminating into probably hundreds of millions, if not billions of deaths all told throughout all of Human history along with countless human rights violations past, present and undoubtedly future and the ever lurking threat of extremists from all sides.

What is religion if not absurd indeed,...

This is how a proper rant should sound Thumbsup

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
26-05-2013, 01:17 PM
amyb Wrote:I was going to school full time and working 2 jobs; I barely had time to get my drinking done, much less thinking about stuff.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-05-2013, 09:04 AM
(29-05-2013 04:32 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Yahweh has Münchausen syndrome by proxy (MSbP.) ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Münchausen_...e_by_proxy ). He’s a caregiver who deliberately exaggerates or fabricates problems (sins) in those under his care. He thereby gets attention. At times, he can assume the hero role by appearing to care for and 'save' the sinner.

God goes to the psychiatrist.

Yahweh: "Doc, I'm not myself today, I haven't meddled in the lives of humans in two days"
Doc: "Why don't you fling some tornados at Oklahoma or something?"
Yahweh: "Great fucking idea Doc! The survivors will be singing my praises in no time!"
Doc: (thinking to himself, what an asshole).

[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
31-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Hobbitgirl's signature:

“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” A.A. Milne

I second that emotion.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 3 users Like cufflink's post