Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
16-06-2013, 04:25 PM
RE: Words I want to remember
Anjele Wrote:I went 20 shades of bitch on them ...

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
16-06-2013, 05:13 PM
(16-06-2013 04:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
Anjele Wrote:I went 20 shades of bitch on them ...

Dammit Chas, why you make me go digging and shit. Links bitches, links!

(16-06-2013 04:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I went 20 shades of bitch on them and I don't care.

This is not my signature.
Find all posts by this user
18-06-2013, 07:37 AM
Anjele is on a roll!

(17-06-2013 09:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Every so often some group claims to have found 'The Ark' (angelic choir sings AHHHH). It's a miracle, whoops, nevermind...not the ark. Keep looking, damn, thought we found it this time.

Wait...the ark, I see it, it's over there....nope, sorry, it's rock formation, or maybe it's the rapture starting...

Such crap

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
18-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Yes, when you have the post in front of you, hit Reply
Highlight and copy everything. Then just back button out and come here.
Open a new post and paste / edit if necessary, leaving top & bottom quote coding. When you do this, it preserves the link in the little green arrow.

Makes everything all tidy. Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
19-06-2013, 07:22 AM
cjlr on Xtian apologists (in this instance addressing The Great Flood and Noah's Ark).

(19-06-2013 07:09 AM)cjlr Wrote:  It's almost funny, but then you realize that it means some thinking human being out there is using their intellect, passion and dedication, not to some useful purpose or good, but to twist themselves through ever more contorted thought processes, in abject denial of the immense beauty and complexity of the entire world all around them, all in order to justify some demented and malicious fairy tale thought up by ignorant nobodies now millennia dead.

Clap

Now that is a sentence!

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
19-06-2013, 04:06 PM
(19-06-2013 02:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I love traveling, I just hate getting there.

Huh This is either way too deep for me or a classic observation, whichever one it is I like it. Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
20-06-2013, 08:08 AM
(19-06-2013 10:15 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  .......the focus of the classes is on the science itself. Then I gave him this analogy:

"Giving equal time to religious objections to evolution in a science class would be like giving equal time to Amish objections to cars in an automotive class. It's not going to help the mechanic learn how to fix an engine."

It's not the best analogy, but I think it got my point across because he didn't ask me anymore about it.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
20-06-2013, 09:08 AM
(19-06-2013 07:22 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  cjlr on Xtian apologists (in this instance addressing The Great Flood and Noah's Ark).

(19-06-2013 07:09 AM)cjlr Wrote:  It's almost funny, but then you realize that it means some thinking human being out there is using their intellect, passion and dedication, not to some useful purpose or good, but to twist themselves through ever more contorted thought processes, in abject denial of the immense beauty and complexity of the entire world all around them, all in order to justify some demented and malicious fairy tale thought up by ignorant nobodies now millennia dead.

Clap

Now that is a sentence!

You honour me, good sir!
Thumbsup

Text is great for that sort of harangue, because you don't have to worry about taking a breath somewhere in there Big Grin.
21-06-2013, 10:50 AM
(19-06-2013 10:15 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Giving equal time to religious objections to evolution in a science class would be like giving equal time to Amish objections to cars in an automotive class. It's not going to help the mechanic learn how to fix an engine.

Ironically, I think even the Amish would find it very astute. It's quite perfect. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
21-06-2013, 04:59 PM
(21-06-2013 02:08 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Kinda scratching my head as to what sort of deepities would be discussed that would require a secret forum.

Deepities! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.