Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
15-09-2013, 01:07 PM
RE: Words I want to remember
(18-08-2013 02:26 PM)Luminon Wrote:  God will never die, as long as humans have capacity to feel and believe. However, we may subject God to selective pressure, so that he evolves. I did just that and my God evolved into Einsteinian universe-wide greatness of transcendence and mystical immanence and stuff. Makes no problems at all, certainly doesn't tell me to burn anyone at stake. It's a very well-behaved god. I'd say having a cat or a dog would manipulate your life more than my god. My god is my pet, or I am my god's pet, can't tell which is the case, so it's just like having a cat! Wink

Lumi always cracks me up. Tongue

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-09-2013, 09:30 PM
(15-09-2013 09:27 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're so cute. Hug

The gayest thing Hughsie has ever said to me. Smile

(03-09-2014 09:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ferdy is a female with testosterone levels that wouldn't surprise me if her clit was bigger than GirlyMan's little limp dick. And Hughsie thinks he's male but his fatass hasn't seen his pecker in years.
16-09-2013, 12:08 AM
^^^

What a couple of Marys.

Old guy homophobic comment of the night x2. I'm on a role!

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
16-09-2013, 11:44 PM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2013 11:57 PM by DLJ.)
Tongue
A message for all of you out there in Christland, USA.

(16-09-2013 08:11 AM)Luminon Wrote:  ...
Sanity in an insane society acts as a strong poison. In great doses it kills, in small doses it causes depression, mental breakdown and suicide.

Damn straight!

And everyone, if you didn't read the whole post that the above came from, I strongly recommend it. Follow the green arrow (all hail the green arrow... it's a sign!)

And Lumi, if you're out there... less of the text-walls and more of the sight-bites, please. I have the attention span of a ... SQUIRREL!

Thanks.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
16-09-2013, 11:59 PM
(16-09-2013 11:44 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Tongue
A message for all of you out there in Christland, USA.

(16-09-2013 08:11 AM)Luminon Wrote:  ...
Sanity in an insane society acts as a strong poison. In great doses it kills, in small doses it causes depression, mental breakdown and suicide.

Damn straight!

And Lumi, if you're out there... less of the text-walls and more of the sight-bites, please. I have the attention span of a ... SQUIRREL!

Thanks.

Squirrel, where? Where is the...hey, look! A new episode of Game of Thrones is on! Wait, it's a rerun. False alarm.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
17-09-2013, 08:21 AM
I chuckled at this.

It reminded me of my mum.

(17-09-2013 08:18 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  ...
Just remember it's all fun and games until someone loses and eye!
Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
25-09-2013, 01:37 PM
(25-09-2013 12:37 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(25-09-2013 01:52 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  PJ actually is very weak in faith, he has to have , must have, everything be true or his world shatters. He has argued endlessly over stuff that is laughably false and he knows it. Go look up the discussion on the shroud of turin or his failed evolution threads. His construct of god cannot exist if the bible is not 100% true and since we all know that is not the case he must spin these lies that even he knows are full of more holes than fancy lace swiss cheese.

I haven't claimed ever to be strong in faith. I do claim I'm strong in knowledge, a knowledge that has resulted from exactly what you wrote--either the Bible is 100% true or it's rather useless.

This exchange is all you need to see to understand PJ.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
25-09-2013, 01:40 PM
(25-09-2013 01:37 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-09-2013 12:37 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I haven't claimed ever to be strong in faith. I do claim I'm strong in knowledge, a knowledge that has resulted from exactly what you wrote--either the Bible is 100% true or it's rather useless.

This exchange is all you need to see to understand PJ.

God save us from Biblical literalists.

Miserable sods.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
25-09-2013, 01:50 PM
(25-09-2013 01:40 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(25-09-2013 01:37 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This exchange is all you need to see to understand PJ.

God save us from Biblical literalists.

Miserable sods.

Believing the bible is sheer lunacy. That is clear. But there's something to be said for a person who says, "Ok, this is how I've decided to live, and this is my instruction manual. I shall do my best to follow it to the letter."

At least literalists aren't constantly trying to bend the rules.

Just visiting.

-SR
25-09-2013, 02:04 PM
(25-09-2013 01:50 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Believing the bible is sheer lunacy. That is clear. But there's something to be said for a person who says, "Ok, this is how I've decided to live, and this is my instruction manual. I shall do my best to follow it to the letter."

At least literalists aren't constantly trying to bend the rules.

Some might say bend the rules, while a literalist will say interpret the rules.

I don't need no stinking rules... except my own. Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post