Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
13-03-2014, 04:54 PM
RE: Words I want to remember
(13-03-2014 04:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-03-2014 04:05 PM)nach_in Wrote:  What is this bizarro TTA you talk about? my connection works too well, I feel left out

It's cause you live in Argentina where the required reading of Jorge Luis Borges has eliminated your entire population's ability to discern the bizarre from the mundane. ... Not sayin' that's a bad thing. Tongue

Anyone familiar with Borges will ROTFLTAO! Nice touch GirlyMan.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
14-03-2014, 12:13 PM
Why we love this guy...

(13-03-2014 03:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  That's an interesting use of 'correct'. Consider

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Rev and I became bards for one day and added some modern lyrics to an old classic:
ELK12695 Wrote:"Oh, there once was a man named Putin the Red who came riding down from ol' Moscowstead..."

Revenant77x Wrote:And the Tsarist did target his neighboring lands
As he sent forth his Armies and Covert Bands

ELK12695 Wrote:"But then it went downward for Putin the Red when he met lands of the UN who said..."

Revenant77x Wrote:Oh, you march and you threaten and you invade other countries. Now the EU needs to stand on it's feet.

ELK12695 Wrote:"And so came the clashing of values and ideals when East Europe joined the EU, without conceal..."

Revenant77x Wrote:And the Tsarist named Putin was invading no more, as his army of Red was stomped from the shore

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
14-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Laugh out load
» Escape Artist - 14-03-14 22:27 -- "When your cable's out, you get bored... When you get bored, you challenge your buddy to a synchronized roundhouse kick... When you challenge your buddy to a synchronized roundhouse kick, you summon Chuck Norris... And when you summon Chuck Norris, you get your ass kicked."

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
15-03-2014, 11:37 PM
You have to understand that the New England colonies were never that important to England. In some ways, Newfoundland was more important. Newfoundland, for example, produced cod which is useful; New England only produced Puritans, which are a**holes.
- An unidentified high school professor on the topic of 'early modern England'.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
16-03-2014, 06:26 PM
"Well wah,wah, wah. Maybe if you bitch a little louder, it'll make everything all better!"
--Axel, a buddy of mine in college

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
18-03-2014, 08:18 AM
(18-03-2014 07:49 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Duh... obviously it's because THEIR god is the REAL god. pff. those other gods making claims weren't actually claims because they're not real gods because my god is the real god because he made the claim that he is.

Thumbsup

Religion in a nutshell

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
22-03-2014, 01:38 PM
I read the thread title and went...

(22-03-2014 11:30 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I concur. Excepting my faults is a far better strategy than accepting them. Thumbsup

...kinda. (I wuz gonna say, I except my faults right out the door. )

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
23-03-2014, 07:23 AM
(23-03-2014 02:19 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 01:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  Shocking We have found the enema and the arse.

We have met the enema and he is arse. Thumbsup

Girly with inspiration from morondog and Walt Kelly creates a gem!

[attachment=1957]

[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
23-03-2014, 08:02 AM
I got another gem from Girly!

(23-03-2014 04:03 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  If A-Rod was gay, he'd be unstoneable. Field every one of them rocks and throw them back at you twice the speed. Big Grin

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post