Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
31-03-2014, 11:33 AM
RE: Words I want to remember
(31-03-2014 10:26 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Everyday I thank NotGod for Chas. Bowing

Well, the title is "Words I want to remember" Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
05-04-2014, 10:49 PM
(05-04-2014 03:28 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Take it from me, I am in the entertainment business and have worked with rock stars.

You are not a god until you can blow smoke up other peoples arses.

Right on.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
07-04-2014, 04:12 PM
Teen-skeptic-go Wrote:But I don't have-- Nevermind! Get out you idiot! I'll find them, I'll find them if I have to burn down all of Cyrodiil.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
08-04-2014, 08:47 PM
These words, I wanna remember them forever!!!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2056]

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 6 users Like Hughsie's post
09-04-2014, 04:21 PM
I'm kind of paraphrasing this from one of the posts on the Favorite Pics to Laugh at Religion page:

Morality: doing what's right regardless of what you're told.
Religion: doing what your told regardless of what is right.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 6 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
13-04-2014, 09:35 AM
(12-04-2014 11:29 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Or are you taking the third option, and this thread is just another stop on the sightseeing tour to trololol station that is your posting history?

cjlr addressing diddo97. Enlightened smack down. Laughat

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
14-04-2014, 11:31 AM
(06-04-2014 12:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(06-04-2014 12:54 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I know this isnt a picture of me. But I wanted to share it.

I've always loved the carving at our state capitol building of what looks like a Native American slapping a horse.

[Image: IMAG0284.jpg]

Chief Whoopabitch of the Smackaho tribe

That's my great-great-great-great-great-grandfather he's talking about. Hobo

[Image: giphy.gif]
14-04-2014, 01:33 PM
(14-04-2014 01:04 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Crazy is as crazy does.

No, this is more like the prosecution in a civil suit arguing the accused must be guilty of property damage because he used a ray gun he bought from visiting aliens from Delta Vega to vaporize his neighbour's priceless antique hypercube, the defense is arguing for accident because the while the accused did fire the ray gun, the Vegans hadn't given him the manual for it and he thought it was on the light show setting, and by the way, there's also no external evidence that either the neighbour, the ray gun, the hypercube, or the aliens ever existed.

cjlr's final allegory to the interminable argument with Luminon, inspired stuff!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
18-04-2014, 01:12 PM
(18-04-2014 12:59 PM)cjlr Wrote:  If - as, you claim, by definition - knowledge under such conditions is necessarily impossible, then the word "god", should one choose to apply it, is just as meaningless. It's a placeholder for the idea of unknowable.

What the hell's the point of that when we already have the word "unknowable"? To save three syllables?

I feel like a cjlr groupie at the moment Blush

*some bolding mine

[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
19-04-2014, 02:21 PM
In a nutshell...
(18-04-2014 04:23 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Expecting the followers of a death cult not to embrace death, is illogical.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein