Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
19-04-2014, 07:08 PM
RE: Words I want to remember
(19-04-2014 05:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Atheism ain't like alcohol or religion. It ain't addictive. It's more like the lack of any metaphysical addictions, "metaphysically sober" so to speak.

There are very, very few things I've read and think to myself... DAMN! I wish I'd said that.
These are words to remember. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
22-04-2014, 06:39 PM
(cuz I've just discovered that I've missed season 6 of RuPaul's Drag Race. Thankfully Logo's got all the episodes.)

"Remember to love yourself because ,if you don't love yourself, how the hell are you gonna love someone else?"

"My goal is to always come from a place of love...but sometimes you just gotta break it down for a motherfucker."

--RuPaul (Mother Ru)

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
22-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Well, sure; though with the caveat that generally speaking basal uncertainty and observer effects are conflated. - cjlr

Breathing - it's more art than science.
26-04-2014, 10:28 PM
Ferdinand Wrote:It sounded like WW3 was coming from your penis!

I honestly think that is the creepiest sentence anyone has ever said to me. Shocking

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
26-04-2014, 10:37 PM
(26-04-2014 10:28 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
Ferdinand Wrote:It sounded like WW3 was coming from your penis!

I honestly think that is the creepiest sentence anyone has ever said to me. Shocking

And you want to remember it because... ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
26-04-2014, 10:49 PM
(26-04-2014 10:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  And you want to remember it because... ?

It made me laugh. Big Grin

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
28-04-2014, 06:37 PM
(28-04-2014 06:30 PM)nach_in Wrote:  As far as I'm concerned you can put whatever you want in whatever hole you have.

Shocking Why am I picturing baby corncobs coming out the ears, olives up the nose, and a carrot...nevermind. Beat_stick Ohmy

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
30-04-2014, 12:42 PM
(30-04-2014 08:52 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Hey now! Scientology meets all the qualifications of a legitimate religion and deserves all the respect owed to more venerable religions such as Christianity. Wink It has met all the same standards of evidence, demonstrated the same universal standards of commitment amongst its hierarchy to not exploit or abuse its membership, and its history of how it treats those who publicly question its dogma is actually superior to Christianity's record.

Love it, just love it.

Best
Worst
02-05-2014, 07:06 AM
(01-05-2014 10:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I get it. Totally. But TW, don't obfuscate the primary prenuptials with rasberries. Often, the pertinent cat presents fabled necessities in the parking chamfer. Realize your net precedent. Triangulate! Save the best for the alligators. Ever the bastille notches the orchestra but Wendy is not green and horses will capitulate. Filter out the log from the turnstile and cry prevalently.

So there brown stare. Feed your inner walnut and resolve. Subject your lemon to the ingenious door in the presence of snow and animals. Aisle 7 is for the monetary cheese whiz. Faced with the kitchen, you may wish to prolong the sailboat in the cliff. Otherwise, rabbits may descend on your left nostril. Think about how you can stripe the sea.

Regale the storm to those who (6) would thump the parrot with the armband. Corner the market on vestiges of the apparent closure but seek not the evidential circumstance. Therein you can find indignant mountains of pigs and apples. Descend eloquently as you debate the ceiling of your warning fulcrum. Vacate the corncob profusely and and don’t dote on the pancreas.

Next up, control your wood. Have at the cat with your watch on the fore. Aft! Smarties (12)! Rome wasn’t kevetched in an autumn nightie. (42) See yourself for the turntable on the escalator. Really peruse the garage spider definitely again again with brown. Now we have an apparent congestion, so be it here. Just a moment is not a pod of beef for the ink well nor can it be (4) said that Karen was there in the millpond.

Garbage out just like the candle in the kitty so. Go, go, go until the vacuum meets the upward vacation. Sell the yellow. Then trim the bus before the ten cheese please Louise. Segregate from the koan and stew the ship vigorously.

And remember, never pass up an opportunity to watch an elephant paint Mozart.

All bow to the Buckmeister! Worship Slaves Longest quote ever but every line works in confluence with rugosity, especially the heretofore gunwale of banana! Genius, and made my fucking morning!

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
02-05-2014, 07:41 AM
Feed your inner walnut...Laughat

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Words I Want to Forget Anjele 12 176 23-05-2014 05:45 PM
Last Post: Chas
  Your Day In Three Words Sam 125 1,209 01-04-2014 05:31 AM
Last Post: Banjo
  when you need those words for a grieving friend Bows and Arrows 1 48 24-03-2014 12:44 PM
Last Post: Blackhand293
  words Dom 2 96 29-01-2014 08:19 AM
Last Post: Chas
  Anyone here old enough to remember the JFK assassination? dancefortwo 11 315 23-11-2013 12:49 PM
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Remember Game Shows? Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 14 374 09-07-2013 12:07 PM
Last Post: ridethespiral
  Words With Friends Topic kingschosen 132 3,036 27-05-2013 02:28 PM
Last Post: Momsurroundedbyboys