(07-05-2014 11:55 PM)aurora Wrote:  [Image: relationships_zps06c27efe.jpg]

Pardon the expression, but amen sister!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
08-05-2014, 09:12 AM
RE: Words I want to remember
(08-05-2014 03:17 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Additionally, if you, Jeremy, are familiar with international standards and frameworks (best / good practices) you will find 2 key words... should and shall.

These are prevalent in standards and missing from frameworks.

Ancient scriptures are, at best, obsolete frameworks (guidance) and only fanatics treat them as standards.

These are people of whom society is usually wary as they represent a risk to the sustainability (stability / continuity / security) of the status quo.

The deharmonising effect of these extremists often leads to changes (in policy or behaviour) and/or innovation.

Whether one considers that a good or a bad thing depends upon one's subjective objectives.

Big Grin

Oh. Blush Oh my.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
09-05-2014, 08:56 AM
(09-05-2014 08:52 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  There is a limit, a line if you will, between the realm of normalcy and that of insanity, a very fine, almost intangible border separates these two distinct dominions of the healthy and the deranged.

And you people just pole-vaulted right the fuck over it while swinging a cowboy hat and shouting "Yeehaw!".

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 10 users Like Revenant77x's post
09-05-2014, 01:38 PM
(09-05-2014 01:10 PM)morondog Wrote:  Well in the beginning was the fuck all. And the fuck all was without form, and void. And the fuck all went BANG. And it was... well good is a value judgment based on ridiculous principles employed by monkeys stuck on a ball of rock somewhere lost in the vast aftermath of the explosion of the fuck all. So it just WAS.

And several billion years later here we sit typing at keyboards. Smile

Angel

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
09-05-2014, 05:34 PM
(09-05-2014 02:43 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  New level of crazy reached. He fell out of the batshit bonkers tree and hit every freaking branch on the way down!

I'm definitely going to use this one at some point. Big Grin

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
09-05-2014, 11:14 PM
(09-05-2014 05:47 PM)djhall Wrote:  Jeremy, the resistance doesn't lie with us. There is one very simple difference that you can't seem to grasp no matter how often it is pointed out to you. I've highlighted it in bold for you in your own arguments.

Our moral intuition and convictions can't be proven to actually be objective or proven to be reliable indicators for objective morality or what is objectively right or wrong. We recognize everything you say as more than mere preference or moral / cultural relativism, but less than proven objectivity, and carry on as best we can. Where does this come from? Our biology from evolution? Maybe. Our biology from creation? Perhaps. Either way, that argument is interesting mostly theologically and philosophically speaking, as we all operate in reality off the same phenomena and only attribute the cause to different things.

You, presumably attribute the cause to god. We don't. As a result, you call it objective. We aren't willing to go quite that far. But from there, we proceed down the same path. You are the only person here that is uncomfortable with that. You are the only one that feels if we don't attribute the experience to god then we must be forced into cultural relativism. But we can, and do, manage to get along just fine not adopting cultural relativism, even if only by declaring the experience to be a moral axiom we are willing to fight to defend.

Why do you try to find defenders of moral relativism where none exist, just so you can fight against them? So what that we don't call it objective? So what if we don't attribute it to god? Why can't we attribute it to sociobiological evolution + moral axioms + objective logic and reasoning and not have it still be "objective morality" in function if not in name?

Ok, this is a long one ... but it's just so perfectly precise ... every word is so worth remembering. Shy

[+] 2 users Like kim's post
10-05-2014, 07:09 AM
(10-05-2014 06:24 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  At best you have demonstrated that God kills children and babies.

No Christian would argue against this nor does it make it murder.

A marvelous piece of apologetics.

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 1 user Likes John's post
13-05-2014, 12:27 PM
(13-05-2014 08:34 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Sir. At this point, I am forced to inform you that you are now well and truly beyond the realm of stupidity insinuating insults. For I feel that such comparative insinuations would only serve to insult the comparison. For instance, were I to call you dumb as rocks, I fell I'd have dealt such a wound to rocks that I'd be compelled to duel a geologist so that the rocks can retain their dignity.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=333064]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 7 users Like EvolutionKills's post