Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.4 Average
13-05-2014, 02:22 PM
RE: Words I want to remember
(12-05-2014 11:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  He knows because he knows. This is the definition of faith. You will note the pleasing circularity. God loves circular things, that's why planets go in ellipses. Circular logic honours Him.

Classic. Angel

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
14-05-2014, 01:53 AM
(30-09-2013 10:21 AM)Sam Wrote:  Since becoming an atheist, it's easy to forget just how real religion is to a believer. I often make the mistake of assuming that devoutly religious people are stupid or afraid to face facts... in most cases they simply haven't had the opportunity to question any of it.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
14-05-2014, 09:20 AM
(13-05-2014 11:52 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I really wish you'd have just posted that you were an anarchist libertarian and that you'd be off circle-jerking in the corner, so that I wouldn't have to see you doing it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
16-05-2014, 09:23 AM
Variation on a meme:

(16-05-2014 08:10 AM)Chas Wrote:  
  1. Have mental illness
  2. Rant crazy stuff to people
  3. Write it down in a book
  4. Mumble, memble, ...
  5. Prophet.

Bowing

[+] 9 users Like DLJ's post
16-05-2014, 02:56 PM
(16-05-2014 01:32 PM)Charis Wrote:  
(16-05-2014 09:37 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  It seems that most here are more willing to be sarcastic and cynical than serious and sincere.
We're seriously sarcastic and sincerely cynical. Get it right. Tongue

Instant classic Clap

"We're run by a pothead, a housewife, a guy that buys lube in 5kg containers, a cat and a Nazi. Oh and Dom.” - ‘Muffs

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 9 users Like Full Circle's post
18-05-2014, 02:08 PM
(18-05-2014 01:09 PM)djhall Wrote:  But if that promise isn't real, all it does is poison our appreciation for the reality that we do have, which by itself is still pretty damn amazing.

djhall comparing the idea of Heaven to our life on earth, I'm stealing this one next time someone says this life is but a way-sation on the road to somewhere else.

"We're run by a pothead, a housewife, a guy that buys lube in 5kg containers, a cat and a Nazi. Oh and Dom.” - ‘Muffs

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
22-05-2014, 03:14 PM
(22-05-2014 06:51 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 04:52 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  All I need to know is that you are a human being created in the Image of God ...
You know nothing of the sort. That's anthropomorphized crap. If horses had gods, their gods would be horses.

So evident to us and so unfathomable to the religious. Thumbsup

Do you think the horse god Equus would be well hung? Consider

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
22-05-2014, 04:18 PM
(22-05-2014 03:14 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Do you think the horse god Equus would be well hung? Consider

I'm just going to imagine that for a moment Shocking and then try to think of anything else ... if that is even possible.

[+] 2 users Like kim's post
22-05-2014, 04:53 PM
(22-05-2014 04:18 PM)kim Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 03:14 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Do you think the horse god Equus would be well hung? Consider

I'm just going to imagine that for a moment Shocking and then try to think of anything else ... if that is even possible.

Perhaps what we need is a "Words you want to forget" thread. Blink

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
23-05-2014, 01:40 PM
(22-05-2014 09:47 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I am willing to challenge my worldview. In fact I love doing it. The fact that I am wrong in my worldview from time to time and I allow myself the freedom to change it gives me the confidence in it to know that it reflects the best evidence that I have come across.

Thumbsup

[+] 5 users Like kim's post