Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
01-11-2014, 06:31 PM
RE: Words I want to remember
(17-09-2014 01:15 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Science can't be addressed by opening another food pantry or thumping the Bible a little harder and screaming words like inerrancy. Science can only be addressed by all sides in the religion debate admitting that religion is a neurological disorder and that faith is the only cure.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
09-11-2014, 12:39 PM
(09-11-2014 11:06 AM)kim Wrote:  This forum is a house of well fed, beloved cats. If it comes into our house, it is subject to our will and trolls are self-appointed hacky sacks.

Life is wild. Drinking Beverage

Like the analogy

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
11-11-2014, 06:41 AM
I have a friend with a six-year-old son. He was playing with their neighbor's son, who is Mormon, and the two of them started having an argument about kid things. My friend's kid said something to the effect of "You have angered the dark gods.", which sent the Mormon boy home crying after saying "There's only one god!".
[+] 9 users Like RobbyPants's post
11-11-2014, 07:15 AM
(11-11-2014 06:41 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I have a friend with a six-year-old son. He was playing with their neighbor's son, who is Mormon, and the two of them started having an argument about kid things. My friend's kid said something to the effect of "You have angered the dark gods.", which sent the Mormon boy home crying after saying "There's only one god!".

Somebody get that kid a cookie, and maybe some flavoured milk of the child's choosing.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
11-11-2014, 08:55 PM
(11-11-2014 08:02 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  Jesus poledancing Christ, if your IQ got any lower it'd be legal to harvest your organs.
Facepalm

I'm gonna hafta steal that one Laugh out load

[+] 8 users Like Full Circle's post
17-11-2014, 06:13 AM
You could fill all of America's mega churches with the most competent Christians and you wouldn't come up with half of the wit amassed in this thread. Though I don't think that is any startling realization.
[+] 4 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
17-11-2014, 06:24 PM
(12-11-2014 02:22 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  function bibleInterpretation(bibleVerse)
{
if bibleVerse == ELEGANT
output = "proof of god's plan"
else
output = "mysterious way"
return
}

Bowing

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
20-11-2014, 09:57 AM
So the other day I was in the library with my Mexican and gay friends. Mexican friend wanted to find out how much it would cost him to have his future foretold by palm reading. He called up a lady on the phone and asked her location/price, and she said she "palm read" via telephone by "connecting my spirit with yours." I fucking lost it. My gay friend possibly said the best sentence I have ever heard.

"Asking someone to pay $50 to read your palms is like asking someone to pay you to pray for them."

Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
21-11-2014, 07:29 AM
A conversation I had with a coworker, today:

Me: Oh, that's right! It is Friday!

Him: yeah, it is
Him: that's why all those people were thanking god earlier

Me: Oh, that's right. They reserve one day of the week for that.
Me: And then they pretend on Sundays, but they're not really thanking him because they know Monday is right around the corner.

Him: yes, TGIF, also why the prayer rugs are laid out in the lobby

Me: See, Muslims got that part right. Friday is their Holy day.
Me: And you can make a compelling argument for the Jews with Saturday, but no one ever says Thank God it's Sunday!
[+] 7 users Like RobbyPants's post
21-11-2014, 09:46 AM
(21-11-2014 09:23 AM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  So I guess I'm a political mullet, business in the front and party in the back.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post