Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
22-11-2014, 10:05 PM
RE: Words I want to remember
(22-11-2014 08:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-11-2014 06:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  And where else would you look for picture of a kitty sitting on a man's chest. Dodgy

Hmmm, there's that. Consider

This one? It's not Angelo, it's Cutie Pie, a little Scottish Fold.

[Image: CatNap2.jpg]

Sadcryface Heart so cute!!!!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2014, 08:15 AM
(26-11-2014 07:12 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  God’s power frequently waxes and wanes depending on the proximity of skeptics.

Yes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
29-11-2014, 01:28 PM
(28-11-2014 11:09 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Non-believers are not interested in bringing believers down, we are interested in bringing you, and the species as a whole, UP. I know that when you think the universe was made with you in mind you like to think it's all about you but it's not. We want to grab mankind by it's hand and pull it out of the toxic mess that is religion and build a world free of superstitious nonsense where people actually care if what they believe comports to reality.

We have our eyes set firmly on building a better, brighter, more intelligent future while people like you are looking backwards 2000+ years trying to glean knowledge from a group of people who lived in a time when they shit in their water supply and thought illness came from demons.

Awesomeness Worship Slaves

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 11 users Like Full Circle's post
30-11-2014, 02:02 PM
(30-11-2014 08:09 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  What do get when you add bs to bile ?
Bibles Smile

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
05-12-2014, 08:01 AM
Longest quote ever but an instant classic. A response to UFO sightings.

(04-12-2014 03:31 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  What you actually meant to say was:
"I'm tired of having my ass kicked, my assertions challenged, my shitty analogies exposed, and it hurts my feelings when people tear down the strawmen I worked so hard to build that I'm gonna bail on this thread like a coward without addressing one motherfucking criticism, while answering no questions asked of me, and without defending a single one of my bald faced assertions all while giving a bullshit excuse THEN I'm gonna start a new thread free of all my responsibilities and that pesky burden of proof and I'm gonna try and argue the same point, but I'm gonna pretend I'm actually not, however I'm gonna do it in an indirect, dishonest, and deliberately misleading way by tricking people into admitting I'm "correct" about the last thread using nothing more than an other shitty comparison to two wildly different situations with wildly different claims that only work if I ignore all other factors and evidence in a wildly flagrant display of confirmation bias because I'm that kinda ignorant cocksucker. I'm also gonna continue to use Occam's Razor incorrectly, despite having it's correct usage explained to me in very small words, and only apply it to what I want to apply it to because fuck having an actual debate based in evidence and a consistent application of logic, I wanna convince myself I'm right and that an entire community of rational, skeptical, objective, evidence based thinkers is wrong and that my emotional investment in my obsession is justified! Who cares if I can't get so much as a single like for my personal brand of crazy, everyone else is wrong and I'm right goddammit!"

Shocking Bowing

05-12-2014, 08:54 PM
(05-12-2014 08:45 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Just as there is no room for an elephant in my car, there is no room for an infinite god in a finite universe.

The only way an elephant gets in my car is if I imagine one there.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
05-12-2014, 09:03 PM
(05-12-2014 07:34 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  There is not deeper meaning, only deeper understanding. This kind of thinking frightens people, but it is by far the most reasonable conclusion that relies on the fewest assumptions.

06-12-2014, 03:06 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2014 03:18 AM by GirlyMan.)
(05-12-2014 09:03 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 07:34 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  There is not deeper meaning, only deeper understanding. This kind of thinking frightens people, but it is by far the most reasonable conclusion that relies on the fewest assumptions.

It's not frightening, it's illuminating. Path ain't for pussies though.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
06-12-2014, 12:01 PM
(06-12-2014 03:06 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 09:03 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

It's not frightening, it's illuminating. Path ain't for pussies though.

G, are you saying life will kick you in the balls if you aren’t careful?

08-12-2014, 05:23 PM
(08-12-2014 05:05 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Ironically, the moral absolutists declare that god is the ultimate moral authority and that anything that god does is moral up to and including all of the atrocities detailed throughout the bible. Thanks, but you can keep your morals. I've got my ethics.

I'm with this guy. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein