Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
07-09-2015, 08:34 AM
RE: Words I want to remember
(04-09-2015 04:55 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Q, in this thread: Problem of Evil and Suffering

Quote: It would be more correct, perhaps, to say that since you didn't give God a time limit when you prayed in your youth for revelation that I am the answer to your prayers. So now you know.

Dripping with condescension and arrogance, like always.

Huh...

One would think that a being capable of tampering with the very fabric of the universe would know to send an effectual envoy.

Fuckin' god and his mysterious ways.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Free Thought's post
15-09-2015, 08:57 PM
(15-09-2015 08:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There is nothing but coincidence. Causality is an illusion.

Thumbsup
Girly strikes again!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
16-09-2015, 05:12 PM
Nihilism is fact. Existentialism is how you deal with that fact.

You could've saved me $1500 and 100 hours of study 30 years ago.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-09-2015, 06:06 AM
(20-09-2015 05:35 AM)DLJ Wrote:  In other words, upload more and more thinking-tools into your neck top.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
20-09-2015, 07:57 AM
(08-03-2012 02:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There's a bunch of sigs around here I want an easy place to find and record 'cause they can change on the member's whim.

"It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be." - Talladega Tom
Um, yup.

"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. --John 14:1" - Egor Coming from Egor who is making a quixotic, narcissistic attempt to invent and disseminate his own metaphysics, that is like some seriously blatently ballsy proselytization. So kudos for that. [Image: bravo-7466.gif] ... On the flip side we have Bob 1:1, "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in ye, believe also in we." ... Of course Bob's always had his own problems getting past the premise so there ain't no Bob 1:2. Wink

There was another one I saw today which went something like

"I wasn't ... until I was.
I am ... until I'm not." - free2011
"Birth, copulation, and death."

EDIT: Found it. It's from free2011.

"Pressure? I'll tell you what pressure is. Pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse, playing cricket is not." KEITH MILLER.

It is my Yahoo signature. Miller was a famous cricketer who flew Mosquitos in WWII.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
23-09-2015, 08:38 AM
(23-09-2015 08:33 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 08:10 AM)RadThadd Wrote:  Some atheists have no clue how much they have in common with these people. And some atheists accept Evolution of Man but not the Evolution of Disgust!?

Where do you find that within the human genome? Consider

[Image: Wwe-smackdown-logo.jpg]

Laugh out load

living word
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-10-2015, 06:10 AM
(01-10-2015 03:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Atheism: It's Okay, You're Not Broken.

Damn, I wish I would have realized that so much sooner in life.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
02-10-2015, 10:42 AM
(02-10-2015 01:49 AM)morondog Wrote:  Like seriously guy, you can't just pick up any old paint tin and drink out of it.

Fucking morondog. Laugh out load

living word
[+] 9 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-10-2015, 03:52 PM
(02-10-2015 12:03 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  It's not an ad hominem 'cause you have no fucking argument. We're just calling a douchebag a douchebag.

Hayseed tries to take on JohnnyC. Hilarity ensues. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-10-2015, 07:44 AM
A famous Chinese classic I'm reading says the following:

Quote:Intelligence is hard work, ignorance has leisure.
[+] 3 users Like ghostexorcist's post