Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
24-11-2015, 08:03 AM
RE: Words I want to remember
(24-11-2015 06:19 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Hubris can be demonstrated by joining a forum and lecturing members about hubris. Drinking Beverage

Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
24-11-2015, 08:34 AM
Thought for today. "Humility is not thinking less about yourself. It is thinking about yourself less." Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jason_delisle's post
24-11-2015, 10:25 AM
(24-11-2015 10:21 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  ...
my current opinion of your cognitive abilities is that of idiot savant...

Without the savant.

Oooh! Ouch!

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
24-11-2015, 03:56 PM
(23-11-2015 03:51 PM)unfogged Wrote:  -----
The attitude that humans are vile, corrupt, worthless animals without god is promoted by religion and it is a big part of why atheists are becoming more vocal. We are sick of being maligned that way; it is a limited and distorted view and if you would drop the god glasses you'd see that.
-----

This is pretty succinct. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
24-11-2015, 04:34 PM
He lived as if every day was his last. Yesterday he was right!

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
[+] 3 users Like OhDannyBoy's post
26-11-2015, 08:34 PM
Apparently my wife explained to my daughter why she needs vaccines, and she half-remembered.

Aunt (looking at bandages where she got her shots): "Why do you have those Band Aids?"

Alice: "Because I bring diseases to school."
[+] 8 users Like RobbyPants's post
26-11-2015, 08:36 PM
(26-11-2015 08:34 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Apparently my wife explained to my daughter why she needs vaccines, and she half-remembered.

Aunt (looking at bandages where she got her shots): "Why do you have those Band Aids?"

Priceless! Thumbsup
26-11-2015, 08:40 PM
(26-11-2015 08:36 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(26-11-2015 08:34 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Apparently my wife explained to my daughter why she needs vaccines, and she half-remembered.

Priceless! Thumbsup

I hope Robby is keeping these gems in a journal...Alice is hysterically funny, and a little scary - but in a good way. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
27-11-2015, 12:54 AM

http://notalwaysrelated.com/

For the good of the internet, spread your stories further.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-11-2015, 12:03 PM
(26-11-2015 10:20 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  But if you want to criticize those of us who are willing to help people in need, you'd probably ought to come up with a better story than some tale about how you used to have human empathy but then turned into an asshole.

Clap

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post