Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4 Average
02-02-2013, 01:22 PM
RE: Words I want to remember
May you live every day of your life. -- Johnathan Swift.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2013, 01:28 PM
(02-02-2013 01:03 PM)morondog Wrote:  Meh. Too much effort. Not my responsibility to keep their heads outta their asses. Long as I can keep mine outta my own I'll give myself credit for doing well.

Now... Consider how to get it on a bumper sticker?

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
02-02-2013, 01:31 PM
(02-02-2013 01:28 PM)kim Wrote:  
(02-02-2013 01:03 PM)morondog Wrote:  Meh. Too much effort. Not my responsibility to keep their heads outta their asses. Long as I can keep mine outta my own I'll give myself credit for doing well.

Now... Consider how to get it on a bumper sticker?
Heart Kimmies! Smile We luffs you we do Smile Smile Smile
02-02-2013, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2013 04:18 PM by Full Circle.)
Girlyman wrote:

There is a vast immeasurable and impassable sea of ignorance between an uninformed opinion based solely on a wish and a prayer and an educated best-guess based on rational theories with plausible mechanisms of action informed by the evidence as presented by our current ability and technology to measure. The former is for children, the latter for adults. Chronological age not withstanding.

Beautiful!

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
02-02-2013, 04:35 PM
(02-02-2013 04:12 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Girlyman wrote:

There is a vast immeasurable and impassable sea of ignorance between an uninformed opinion based solely on a wish and a prayer and an educated best-guess based on rational theories with plausible mechanisms of action informed by the evidence as presented by our current ability and technology to measure. The former is for children, the latter for adults. Chronological age not withstanding.

Beautiful!

hehehehe. ... I would've forgotten that one Circumference if you hadn't reminded me. ... hehehe Thumbsup

Breathing - it's more art than science.
02-02-2013, 05:15 PM
(02-02-2013 04:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-02-2013 04:12 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Girlyman wrote:

Beautiful!

hehehehe. ... I would've forgotten that one Circumference if you hadn't reminded me. ... hehehe Thumbsup
Sheer poetry G-man.

BTW I could not figure out how to cut/paste your quote from one thread and have it show up here with credit to you. Help.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
02-02-2013, 05:32 PM
(02-02-2013 05:15 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  BTW I could not figure out how to cut/paste your quote from one thread and have it show up here with credit to you. Help.

Running along the bottom of each post, there are several options "like" "edit" "reply" and then there is a little square -->that is the "quote" option. Click it and then the next post you make anywhere will contain that entire post. Then just cut out the parts you don't need. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
02-02-2013, 05:33 PM
(02-02-2013 05:15 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(02-02-2013 04:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  hehehehe. ... I would've forgotten that one Circumference if you hadn't reminded me. ... hehehe Thumbsup
Sheer poetry G-man.

BTW I could not figure out how to cut/paste your quote from one thread and have it show up here with credit to you. Help.

Do it like this:

{quote='Girlyman'}
text
{/quote}

Replace "{}" with "[]"

Like this:

Full Circle Wrote:BTW I could not figure out how to cut/paste your quote from one thread and have it show up here with credit to you. Help.

Hint: Use the "Source" tab when editing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-02-2013, 03:23 AM
"You know what son, I once stood where you're standing now. Mistaking my own hubris for God's touch. That ain't religion, son, that's called self-glorification. Best you leave this one alone." - Boyd Crowder, from FX's Justified, handing a rattlesnake to Ego®.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
03-02-2013, 05:56 AM
(02-02-2013 05:32 PM)kim Wrote:  
(02-02-2013 05:15 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  BTW I could not figure out how to cut/paste your quote from one thread and have it show up here with credit to you. Help.

Running along the bottom of each post, there are several options "like" "edit" "reply" and then there is a little square -->that is the "quote" option. Click it and then the next post you make anywhere will contain that entire post. Then just cut out the parts you don't need. Thumbsup

Thanks, now let me see if I can follow simple directions. I have never been good at following directions, simple or otherwise Big Grin