Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.4 Average
05-02-2013, 09:13 PM
RE: Words I want to remember
(05-02-2013 09:09 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  There is no way Hobbitgirl and I will have kids. By the time I am ready, she will be in a nursing home. -Atothetheist.
Dodgy

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
05-02-2013, 09:16 PM
(05-02-2013 09:13 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 09:09 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  There is no way Hobbitgirl and I will have kids. By the time I am ready, she will be in a nursing home. -Atothetheist.
Dodgy
Happy birthday!

PS. You know that was pure gold!!!!

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
05-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Quote:
(30-01-2013 08:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Find another hobby, make some duck calls, or whittle something...maybe you could torture small animals.

Bravo, how to tell a troll to take a stroll!

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
05-02-2013, 11:32 PM
(17-10-2012 09:34 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The default position, if we do not have complete knowledge is NOT "oh god did it". The default position is "we don't know yet".

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
06-02-2013, 02:56 PM
(06-02-2013 02:50 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  In my totally weightless opinion; there are very few discussions which are above ridicule in some way. Sure, the personal stuff, we can leave that out, but pretty much everything else I think is open to my inborn larrikinism.
You can say that again, brother. People take themselves and what they have to say way too seriously [Image: Laie_87B.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
08-02-2013, 08:37 AM
(08-02-2013 04:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Vera, you should know by now that it's always my time of the month.
There's Muffsy for you. To a T!

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
09-02-2013, 01:46 PM
"To argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead.” - Thomas Paine

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
09-02-2013, 02:31 PM
cjs Wrote:So it can be hard for theists and atheists both to argue some of it just because scientific concepts don't come shrink wrapped and tidy as religious concepts do.

Yes

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
09-02-2013, 08:07 PM
(08-02-2013 06:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's just the same old same old "complexity proves design" argument. It's bullshit. It's basically : The Anthropic Principle + God of the Gaps + Bible Ignorance + Ignorance of ALL the Earth Sciences + Wishful Thinking => Viola !!! Out pops the Christian god. Fancy that. Jesus H. Christ.

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
10-02-2013, 04:02 AM
Kaloste Wrote:Perhaps there is freedom of religion here, but if you aren't Christian, everyone hates you!
Undecided

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.