Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4 Average
10-02-2013, 05:53 PM
RE: Words I want to remember
(10-02-2013 05:37 PM)kim Wrote:  some people can't afford to annoy everyone.
Laughat

(While some of us can bloody well annoy the living hell out of everybody [Image: Connie_twiddle-thumbs.gif])

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
10-02-2013, 09:36 PM
(08-02-2013 09:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  
...the argument from design...
Darwin beat it to a pulp.
Watson and Crick killed it.
Dawkins buried it.

... and Chas created the bumper sticker.
Bowing

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
10-02-2013, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 01:46 AM by kim.)
(09-02-2013 08:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  To say that earth is but only a spec in the universe is hugely wrong.

The earth is not an insignificant spec in the universe...
Earth is an insignificant spec in the milky way galaxy...
The Milky Way is an insignificant spec in the Virgo Supercluster..
And then the Virgo Supercluster is an extremely insignificant spec in the observable universe.
Then if you want to go a step further, we don't know BUT for all we do know the observable universe could be an insignificant spec in the actual universe.

And this isn't taking into account that you are among 7billion other people on this planet.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
12-02-2013, 09:49 AM
(12-02-2013 08:57 AM)Zat Wrote:  It is very easy to say: I was lucky that nobody destroyed me before I succeeded -- easy and stupid and lacking in understanding and in compassion.

12-02-2013, 11:55 AM
(12-02-2013 10:18 AM)yakherder Wrote:  There is no fairness fairy out there making sure everything is right and just, just a bunch of primates fighting over a really complicated banana tree.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 4 users Like bemore's post
12-02-2013, 11:57 AM
(12-02-2013 11:55 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 10:18 AM)yakherder Wrote:  There is no fairness fairy out there making sure everything is right and just, just a bunch of primates fighting over a really complicated banana tree.
Nice! I'm repping him for that.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
12-02-2013, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 04:42 PM by kim.)
(26-01-2012 08:58 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  All there is to "I" is to matter to another "I", all one ever had to do, was become 2. Wink

Heart Happy Valentines Day Heart

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
12-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Oh, Kimmie, you just broke my heart (or that piece of flint that's rattling around in my chest) all over again Sadcryface

12-02-2013, 03:38 PM
The reasonable reason within 'reason', the thinkers end up having minor brain haemhorrages.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
13-02-2013, 02:05 PM
(13-02-2013 01:50 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Race is not a construct of evolution or evolution theory. That whole 3/5 of a person thing was before ol' Darwin. Skin color is an adaptation to ones local environment, yes. But we are all the same species, we are not separate species nor different subspecies.

Alas, I cannot rep you again for this (hey, forum team, how about giving contributors the ability to give +2 rep Dodgy ), but it should be stickied and everyone should read it before posting in the forum.

[Image: synergy-gold-cup-trophy-award.jpg]