Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
13-02-2013, 02:11 PM
RE: Words I want to remember
(13-02-2013 02:05 PM)Vera Wrote:  Alas, I cannot rep you again for this (hey, forum team, how about giving contributors the ability to give +2 rep Dodgy ), ...

Good idea - I will take it up with the powers that be, The High Tribunal of Truth, Justice, and the Forum Way.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
14-02-2013, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2013 05:22 PM by Vera.)
(14-02-2013 05:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yes, you very well might be missing something. Girly don't get aggravated. Think you might be missing the entire point of "So fucking what?"

First we had Muffsy, then Johnny ( Sadcryface ) and now I give you - the Sparknotes version of Girly.

(The exact same words popped into my mind immediately I read the post where someone thought Girly was aggravated. Do I know you guys or do I Angel )

(Chas, how's the rep thing coming along? Tongue )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
14-02-2013, 05:24 PM
(14-02-2013 05:10 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(14-02-2013 05:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yes, you very well might be missing something. Girly don't get aggravated. Think you might be missing the entire point of "So fucking what?"

First we had Muffsy, then Johnny ( Sadcryface ) and I now give you - the Sparknotes version of Girly.

(The exact same words popped into my mind immediately I read the post where someone thought Girly was aggravated. Do I know you guys or do I Angel )

(Chas, how's the rep thing coming along? Tongue )
If Girly isn't one of the best adjusted forum members here, then I'm a radical Calvinist.....................
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
14-02-2013, 06:03 PM
(13-02-2013 02:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 02:05 PM)Vera Wrote:  Alas, I cannot rep you again for this (hey, forum team, how about giving contributors the ability to give +2 rep Dodgy ), ...

Good idea - I will take it up with the powers that be, The High Tribunal of Truth, Justice, and the Forum Way.
I like that idea, there are times when people there are people I think deserve rep but I repped them ages ago...I would like to be able to add to that count.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-02-2013, 04:48 PM
onedream Wrote:Christ doesn't stop you from sinning. You sin grievously or not based on the type of person you are. Not the "God" you do or don't serve.

Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
15-02-2013, 05:02 PM
(15-02-2013 04:48 PM)kim Wrote:  
onedream Wrote:Christ doesn't stop you from sinning. You sin grievously or not based on the type of person you are. Not the "God" you do or don't serve.

Thumbsup
But Egor told me I had sinned and come far short of his glory Confused ......................................bit worried!
19-02-2013, 07:31 PM
(16-02-2013 03:47 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Arguments aren't won with character, they're won with evidence and logic.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
19-02-2013, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2013 08:59 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-02-2013 03:38 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  The reasonable reason within 'reason', the thinkers end up having minor brain haemhorrages.

Just fucking brilliant, Woofmeister. Thumbsup

(14-02-2013 05:24 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  If Girly isn't one of the best adjusted forum members here, then I'm a radical Calvinist.....................

Being adjusted first requires being adjustable. Wink

Breathing - it's more art than science.
20-02-2013, 08:06 PM
(20-02-2013 09:55 AM)kim Wrote:  Starve the troll, feed the forum. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-02-2013, 09:39 AM
(22-10-2012 06:54 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 06:37 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I hope people are not finding these posts too wordy!
I wish I had a fork and a knife to eat every single word you've ever written, but instead, all I have are some chopsticks. So I'm just gonna eat the big words and eventually I will shamefully ask for a spoon and scoop the small words into my mouth.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post