Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
04-05-2013, 05:52 AM
RE: Words I want to remember
Damn right, fuck those stars!

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
05-05-2013, 04:56 AM
(05-05-2013 02:24 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  ... I personally would bear no malice toward religions if they did not seek to quell curiosity and scientific advance and left children to develop mentally without being indoctrinated into a belief for which no credible evidence exists.

Nicely put.

The same post had this...
" hack-kneed arguments"
... which is now the optimal spelling, for me. It made me think of a Chas-like response to an IandI post.

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
05-05-2013, 10:47 AM
TheBeardedDude Wrote:Ego® 's dream emporium. Where the facts don't matter because I'm pulling it all out of my ass anyways.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
05-05-2013, 02:12 PM
(05-05-2013 12:42 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  This is a completely non functioning way to operate in a global Information Age. Attempting force the entire world and every American citizen to conform to this Iron Maiden of nationalism, bigotry, prejudice, and intolerance in order to stroke the egos of a mass of stupid ignorant assholes who throw screaming tantrums and threaten violence and revolution when they don't get their way is unacceptable.
Thank you for that nice summary of American social conservatives.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
05-05-2013, 04:41 PM
(05-05-2013 07:49 AM)DLJ Wrote:  a sign from Our Lady of the Holy Gwynnity

Thumbsup

(05-05-2013 08:35 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Christmas Day,
the conversation has died.
Adults are slumped and slumbering
in the glow of The Sound Of Music or
The Great Escape.

Two small children
gleefully giggling,
enjoying their new toys,
pulling tinsel off the tree and
occasionally stabbing each other in the eye with sharp instruments.
Laugh out load

(I don't care if quoting this comes across as self-involved - it did make me giggle quite a bit.)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
06-05-2013, 06:38 AM
(05-05-2013 02:13 PM)kim Wrote:  YOU control only yourself, no one else. Since you are here, you get what you seem to have wanted all along and have no reason to sarcastically whine about what or whom you might encounter here. You are a troll and nothing more.

So, fuck off. Drinking Beverage

Eloquent and to the point Thumbsup

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
07-05-2013, 04:37 PM
(07-05-2013 03:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  You essentially said "sdfjklsdflhjksf msasdpoisd wuandsd sqgg" and now you're asking me if I failed to understand?

We should ask all proselytisers who drop by for reasons known only to their deluded minds, to have a look at this. Just so that they could form an idea of how their crap actually sounds to the non-deluded. Dodgy

Quote:It makes you come across as a genteel tit though.

This is just for shits and giggles. And I find the first word of that phrase rather fitting.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
07-05-2013, 07:55 PM
(07-05-2013 04:07 PM)Vera Wrote:  So, no, your hateful (and non-existent) god is not, cannot and never will be defined as love. How about we define him as the scourge of humankind for more than 2000 years? Now this definition I can get on board with.

Bowing

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
08-05-2013, 05:46 AM
(07-05-2013 10:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Very few people live amazing lives, even fewer live extraordinary lives and once in a while comes along someone who lives an incredible life.
But what makes it incredible is that there's so few of them.

Surprisingly deep for one such as Muffs.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
12-05-2013, 04:33 AM
(11-05-2013 11:33 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  ...
Sure, you can categorize by skin color and skull shape and eye folds, but you can also categorize by earwax type, and I don't see anyone making a "race" out of that.

Very cute.