Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.4 Average
24-06-2013, 07:41 AM
RE: Words I want to remember
(20-06-2013 09:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...my religious friends don't give a shit that I don't believe in a postmortem preservation of identity and I don't give a shit that they do.

Bolding mine. Ingenious description of "life" after death...Girly's Thumbsup

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
24-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Reltzik explaining the Christian approach to atheists

(24-06-2013 11:37 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Because nothing brings people to Christ like treating them like shit.

Why change a tried and true recipie?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
25-06-2013, 05:42 PM
(25-06-2013 05:22 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  If I just accept Her will will she will me well? Confused

Good question, and very poetically put.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
26-06-2013, 04:11 PM
From Facebook - my favorite Uncle George Takei's reaction to the Supreme Court's decision on the unconstitutionality of DOMA -
Quote: When I checked FB again this morning...
[Image: gaycomputer_zps33e0fa8b.jpg]
...it was as if 1,000 unicorns had eaten nothing but skittles.

I have to admit, I got a little misty. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
28-06-2013, 12:09 PM
(28-06-2013 11:47 AM)Elesjei Wrote:  One is the claim that homosexuality is unnatural, which is absurd, since marriage is a human construct and the argument is coming from a clothed monkey typing on a keyboard.

The visual strips all pretense of humans taking ourselves so seriously.

[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
01-07-2013, 04:05 AM
(30-06-2013 07:21 PM)David Lee Wrote:  Every debate I've ever had here is the same. Either Bucky Balls interferes or the best the idiot militant atheist can come up with is links and an imaginary victory. In my first one on one "debate" here the idiot atheist in question had a team of nine people just to help him figure out how to post a response, and they still couldn't do it. I had to do it for them. They must have worked at a college or something. Overeducated idiots.

Now, I put this up here because of the sheer awesomeness of it's stupidity that I do not want to forget it. Here, Mr. "Let's use suck-puppets, that's totally in the rules" seems completely delusional and disconnected from the world. The bolded portion is of special mention; how can somebody ever be "overeducated"? In my eyes, one can only ever be undereducated, no matter how much they know and have been educated, there is and will always be still more for them to learn...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
01-07-2013, 04:30 PM
(30-06-2013 10:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  Holding contradictory beliefs is not sane. Calling me an asshole is not constructive.

Maybe its the alliteration, the musical flow to the words, but whatever it is, it is simoultaneously poignant and funny.

[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
02-07-2013, 04:08 PM
(02-07-2013 08:42 AM)Chance Wrote:  I don't believe I'm violating the Establishment Clause, but I am definitely and willingly violating the Obesity Clause!

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
10-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Red Tornado Wrote:It takes a secure person to admit when they're right!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
10-07-2013, 07:07 PM
(31-08-2012 05:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Brb crying my childhood into a bowl and re-consuming my tears as if they were soup.

Fucking brilliant.

Remember that one time Girly said I was fucking brilliant?

Big Grin

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]