Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.4 Average
08-12-2014, 05:30 PM
RE: Words I want to remember
(08-03-2012 02:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There's a bunch of sigs around here I want an easy place to find and record 'cause they can change on the member's whim.

"It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be." - Talladega Tom
Um, yup.

"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. --John 14:1" - Egor Coming from Egor who is making a quixotic, narcissistic attempt to invent and disseminate his own metaphysics, that is like some seriously blatently ballsy proselytization. So kudos for that. [Image: bravo-7466.gif] ... On the flip side we have Bob 1:1, "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in ye, believe also in we." ... Of course Bob's always had his own problems getting past the premise so there ain't no Bob 1:2. Wink

There was another one I saw today which went something like

"I wasn't ... until I was.
I am ... until I'm not." - free2011
"Birth, copulation, and death."

EDIT: Found it. It's from free2011.

I think...therefore you are.

I've tried explaining myself. But unfortunately, I don't get it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2014, 05:55 PM
(08-12-2014 05:30 PM)The Drake Wrote:  I think...therefore you are.

That made me think of a 'funny'.
Cogito dicebatur.

Apparently, that roughly translates to:
"I think, allegedly."

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
14-12-2014, 01:12 PM
(14-12-2014 01:04 PM)Free Wrote:  At least we don’t use a book of horrors as some kind of guide on how we should conduct our lives...

(14-12-2014 01:04 PM)Free Wrote:  Atheists - We make honest assessments of reality, whereas you live in an archaic, unprovable, hypocritical, and demonstrably hateful fantasy world in which you pitifully throw stones at a titanium based monolith we atheists commonly refer to as “reality."
Drinking Beverage

Two memorable quotes in one post. Bowing

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
14-12-2014, 01:17 PM
Time is an illusory thing; only realized as memories. A year in passing when we held so few, felt like an eternity. As our continuity of consciousness expands, the years become ever diminishing fractions of the whole.
17-12-2014, 05:42 PM
A small glimpse into the fucked-up mind of the infamous Egor:

(17-12-2014 01:17 PM)Gordon Wrote:  I would be entertained to watch those who reject Christ writhing in agony. Why should those pestilent have any mercy shown to them?

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Vosur's post
20-12-2014, 09:47 AM
(20-12-2014 12:46 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  He's a fine example of a full package of nearly everything that is bad about religion...
narcissism, intellectual laziness, arrogance, arguments expressed using logical fallacies, and....most of all....ignorance of any real history.

Talking about Gordon but applicable to almost all the religious that grace us with their presence.

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
21-12-2014, 06:45 AM
Nothing beats religion as an excuse to justify all manner of evil...

"I don't mind being wrong...it's the only time I learn something new..."
Me.
21-12-2014, 01:33 PM
(21-12-2014 01:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's the oddest thing. Yanno, how in science they say matter attracts matter (or something like that). Well throw a towel on an empty bed or chair, within a few days it will be covered in crap.

Mom's Law of Crap Attraction

"I think one's feelings waste themselves in words; they ought all to be distilled into actions which bring results." - Florence Nightingale
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post