Words I want to remember

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4 Average
18-03-2012, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2012 07:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Words I want to remember
"Not necessarily stoned, but ... beautiful." - Jimi Hendrix

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2012, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 19-03-2012 08:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
Captured by DeepThought:

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss

Captured by Cara Santa Maria:

"CSM: If you had to pick one thing--the most awe-inspiring thing--about the cosmos that you wish everybody knew, what would it be?

NDGT: That's easy. That was the discovery that the stars in the galaxy that explode (only a rare subset of them do this), those are the stars that had manufactured elements from the periodic table deep within their core and scattered them across the galaxy. And it's these very elements that are the building blocks for life itself. So that it is not just a figuratively true statement that in fact, we are star dust. It is literally true." - Interview with Neil Degrasse Tyson by Cara Santa Maria

Joni Mitchell captured by CSNY ('cause their capture of it is just that much better than her's. Wink):

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Timely, Girly. Yesterday I was watching a retrospective of Woodstock and Stills or Nash (they're the same guy to me) told the story of how Joni Mitchell was scheduled to be on the Dick Cavett show the day after Woodstock and her management was afraid she'd get stuck at Woodstock and miss the show. So because she didn't get to play at Woodstock, she wrote the song. This was news to me because I had always thought it was CSN's song.
Her version sounded sweet, as her voice can sound...but CSN has the definitive version as far as I'm concerned.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
19-03-2012, 09:15 PM
(19-03-2012 09:11 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Her version sounded sweet, as her voice can sound...but CSN has the definitive version as far as I'm concerned.

Yup. But she's due the accreditation. Smile

19-03-2012, 09:17 PM
(19-03-2012 09:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-03-2012 09:11 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Her version sounded sweet, as her voice can sound...but CSN has the definitive version as far as I'm concerned.

Yup. But she's due the accreditation. Smile

I've also learned late, but not too late, that while I've always had an appreciation for the music of that era, I did not love it as much as I did after discovering the joys of the wonder weed.
Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
19-03-2012, 09:18 PM
(19-03-2012 09:17 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I've also learned late, but not too late, that while I've always had an appreciation for the music of that era, I did not love it as much as I did after discovering the joys of the wonder weed.

Correlation does not imply causation.

19-03-2012, 09:21 PM
(19-03-2012 09:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-03-2012 09:17 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I've also learned late, but not too late, that while I've always had an appreciation for the music of that era, I did not love it as much as I did after discovering the joys of the wonder weed.

In my case it sure did. Big Grin

19-03-2012, 09:32 PM
(19-03-2012 09:21 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(19-03-2012 09:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

In my case it sure did. Big Grin

Nah, HellboundBrother, that ain't what "imply" means. Wink

19-03-2012, 09:37 PM
(19-03-2012 09:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nah, HellboundBrother, that ain't what "imply" means. Wink

All I know is your posting of the song correlated to me blazing up some primo bubble hash I got today was causation for the rest of the evening shall be spent with CSN and sometimes Y.

Bliss.

19-03-2012, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 19-03-2012 10:04 PM by GirlyMan.)
(19-03-2012 09:37 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  All I know is your posting of the song correlated to me blazing up some primo bubble hash I got today was causation for the rest of the evening shall be spent with CSN and sometimes Y.

I know you ain't hatin' on the Y. Wink

"Shelter me from the powder and the finger
Cover me with the thought that pulled the trigger" - Neil Young