Words Per Minute Test

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2013, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2013 11:45 PM by Peanut.)
Words Per Minute Test
I got bored, so I Googled "Words per minute test." I found this site and I checked it out. I didn't have to sign up for anything and I didn't have to share any information I didn't want to share. But when I was done with the test, any general information I did share was used to compare me to others in the same groups. It was pretty cool.

I haven't tested my WPM since I was in college about four years ago now. We type daily, but how well do we actually type on a regular basis?

I got 43 words per minute and only five errors. (I missed the simple things, too!) I'm gonna take it again because I already went back to the home screen to get the link to post here. I'm gonna keep practicing.

Test your WPM! Big Grin

Free Online Typing Test: Compare yourself to your peers.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2013, 08:35 PM
RE: Words Per Minute Test
Hm...I wonder how I'd compare between drunk and sober? Consider

Of course, I'd have to be sober enough to find the keyboard!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
29-05-2013, 08:39 PM
I usually get around 100-120wpm on a good mechanical keyboard. My mech's out of action right now, so I'm on a crappy Dell rubber dome. I suspect I'm around 80wpm on this thing.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 2 users Like Phaedrus's post
29-05-2013, 08:48 PM
(29-05-2013 08:35 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Hm...I wonder how I'd compare between drunk and sober? Consider

Do IT!!! I will do it now at some point Big Grin

(29-05-2013 08:39 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  I usually get around 100-120wpm on a good mechanical keyboard. My mech's out of action right now, so I'm on a crappy Dell rubber dome. I suspect I'm around 80wpm on this thing.

I always thought I typed rather fast and accurately. I'm gonna blame my low score on my distraction with the hockey on my TV at that time Smartass

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
29-05-2013, 08:54 PM
(29-05-2013 08:48 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(29-05-2013 08:35 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Hm...I wonder how I'd compare between drunk and sober? Consider

Do IT!!! I will do it now at some point Big Grin

(29-05-2013 08:39 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  I usually get around 100-120wpm on a good mechanical keyboard. My mech's out of action right now, so I'm on a crappy Dell rubber dome. I suspect I'm around 80wpm on this thing.

I always thought I typed rather fast and accurately. I'm gonna blame my low score on my distraction with the hockey on my TV at that time Smartass

That'll do it. Wink

I type fast, but usually get 3-5 errors in these tests, more if it's a keyboard I'm not used to. But I learned to touch-type when I was, oh, around ten? And I spend a lot of time on the computer, at work and at home. So I get a lot of practice.

This is the keyboard I normally use:
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5416/...173751.jpg

But the USB cable broke, so I'm going to have to scavenge another one off another keyboard and rewire the connector. Or else get a different mechanical keyboard from my new job, since they manufacture them, hehehe. Employee discount, anyone? Wink

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
29-05-2013, 09:03 PM
54 wpm! quite good considering it's not in my native language Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
29-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Have been drinking a bit, and I'm exhausted.

I got 56.6 Words per Minute... Messed up quite a bit.

I will try again another time when sober and rested.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

29-05-2013, 10:30 PM
47.4 words per minute.
But I'm on my laptop and I type slow on my laptop keyboard. I'd be faster on my pc keyboard.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
29-05-2013, 10:35 PM
I suck at this, I really do. I tried about 6 times. The best I ever got was 45.6, the worst was 33.something. Considering I use a computer several hours a day you'd think I'd be better, but alas, I suck! I'd say my average is about 40. I get easily frustrated when it I need to use a lot of words to convey my ideas on the internet. This is the primary reason why I hate debating via forums.

01-06-2013, 10:43 AM

*Additional nonsense because I need more than 5 characters to post a simple fucking comment*

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post