Words With Friends Topic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2013, 09:46 PM
RE: Words With Friends Topic
WTF WWF?

I suppose- but update all the words that aren't words, sheesh!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2013, 11:17 AM
GirlyDude. Some other fucking girly man stole my moniker. ... fucker

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-01-2013, 08:47 PM
[Image: f1d134a3-001a-492e-84d4-62117af95e3f.jpg]

LOL Jeremy. Dirty bird playing 'homosex'. Tongue

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Near's post
20-01-2013, 10:39 PM
(20-01-2013 08:47 PM)Near Wrote:  [Image: f1d134a3-001a-492e-84d4-62117af95e3f.jpg]

Homosex ain't no fuckin' word. Dude played "jauped" on me. That ain't no fucking word either. I tell you I don't trust this Calvinist bastard. Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-01-2013, 09:21 AM
(20-01-2013 10:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-01-2013 08:47 PM)Near Wrote:  [Image: f1d134a3-001a-492e-84d4-62117af95e3f.jpg]

Homosex ain't no fuckin' word. Dude played "jauped" on me. That ain't no fucking word either. I tell you I don't trust this Calvinist bastard. Big Grin
lol gotta defend my honor... again...

1) As you play WWF you get used to Scrabble words. You know the words that can be used for certain letters. In the past couple of weeks, I've probably played 300 games... that's a lot of experience.
2) I'm a former English teacher.
3) I have a BS in Communication/Journalism
4) I took piano for 7 years. My mom is a music teacher, so I learned all the music terms and how to read music.
5) I took 4 years of Latin.
6) I took 2 semesters of Botany.
7) I study Greek and Hebrew.
8) I used to read encyclopedias and the dictionary for fun when I was kid.

I have a vast array of useless knowledge that only benefits me in stuff like this.

Likewise, I understand the English language. I understand suffixes and prefixes and tenses and what words "look" like. Yes, I have piss-ins from time to time, but that's only because I try all the combination of letters I have because I know I can make something that's in English.

Anyway, I know Near can vouch for me. Speaking of... Near is using a lot of the Scrabble words because he's getting as much experience as me playing.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
21-01-2013, 09:36 AM
(21-01-2013 09:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(20-01-2013 10:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Homosex ain't no fuckin' word. Dude played "jauped" on me. That ain't no fucking word either. I tell you I don't trust this Calvinist bastard. Big Grin

1) As you play WWF you get used to Scrabble words. You know the words that can be used for certain letters. In the past couple of weeks, I've probably played 300 games... that's a lot of experience.
4) I took piano for 7 years. My mom is a music teacher, so I learned all the music terms and how to read music.

I have a vast array of useless knowledge that only benefits me in stuff like this.

Likewise, I understand the English language. I understand suffixes and prefixes and tenses and what words "look" like. Yes, I have piss-ins from time to time, but that's only because I try all the combination of letters I have because I know I can make something that's in English.

Anyway, I know Near can vouch for me. Speaking of... Near is using a lot of the Scrabble words because he's getting as much experience as me playing.

What do you mean by "Scrabble words"? Words only Scrabble players use or know?
I was assuming that the game is played by Scrabble rules.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-01-2013, 09:57 AM
(21-01-2013 09:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-01-2013 09:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  lol gotta defend my honor... again...

What do you mean by "Scrabble words"? Words only Scrabble players use or know?
I was assuming that the game is played by Scrabble rules.
Yeah, pretty much.

qat, suq, tranq, quoin, qi, xu, xi, za, xyst, xysti, hawf, ka, ki, jo, joe, doula, etc.

You'll see these words a lot.

21-01-2013, 12:29 PM
(21-01-2013 09:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(20-01-2013 10:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Homosex ain't no fuckin' word. Dude played "jauped" on me. That ain't no fucking word either. I tell you I don't trust this Calvinist bastard. Big Grin

Goddam dude, when did you of all people stop being able to take a joke. I don't play these games as some sorta competition as much as an exercise. Don't care if I win or lose, just like exercising the old gulliver. I don't care if someone cheats if it means I learned a new word like jaup. (oops, I did it again). ... Homosex, however, still is not a word. It's a gay slur if anything and I find Merriam-Webster's definition as "a shortening of homosexual" ridiculous. That said I do think Words with Friends and Scrabble should include the Urban Dictionary. There's some good fun to be had there. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-01-2013, 12:34 PM
(21-01-2013 12:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-01-2013 09:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  lol gotta defend my honor... again...

Goddam dude, when did you of all people stop being able to take a joke. I don't play these games as some sorta competition as much as an exercise. Don't care if I win or lose, just like exercising the old gulliver. I don't care if someone cheats if it means I learned a new word like jaup. (oops, I did it again). ... Homosex, however, still is not a word. It's a gay slur if anything and I find Merriam-Webster's definition as "a shortening of homosexual" ridiculous. That said I do think Words with Friends and Scrabble should include the Urban Dictionary. There's some good fun to be had there. Big Grin
I know you were joking Smile

I was "just sayin'".

21-01-2013, 12:35 PM
But yeah. I was just messing around with homosex. I was giggling that I could make the word and just hit "send". I was surprised when it was accepted.