Words With Friends Topic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2013, 12:44 PM
RE: Words With Friends Topic
(21-01-2013 12:35 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  But yeah. I was just messing around with homosex. I was giggling that I could make the word and just hit "send". I was surprised when it was accepted.

hehehehe ... that's how I play too ... just dropped "dah" on Near ... had no idea that was an English word.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2013, 05:11 PM
(20-01-2013 08:47 PM)Near Wrote:  [Image: f1d134a3-001a-492e-84d4-62117af95e3f.jpg]

LOL Jeremy. Dirty bird playing 'homosex'. Tongue
Mmhmm. He started orgies with me.....

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-01-2013, 05:34 PM
(21-01-2013 12:35 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  But yeah. I was just messing around with homosex. I was giggling that I could make the word and just hit "send". I was surprised when it was accepted.

I've done that before. Weird when it works Smile

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

22-01-2013, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2013 08:32 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-01-2013 05:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

I've done that before. Weird when it works Smile

I use that as a tactic. I can see where on the board it's most profitable for me to play and I'll keep trying various shit to see if it takes. Don't see nothing wrong with that.

I got many tactics. Save your M's and W's and F's to get a double or triple letter value where you can make 2 double letter words out of it and get like 16 points from a single letter. Never let a triple word opening go even if it means you only get 9 pts when you can get 30 elsewhere. Don't leave it open for your opponent to fuck you with later, odds are they probably set you up in the first place hoping you won't take it. Use the fact that the double words scores at the top and bottom of the board are so close together that you can get quadruple score for playing them both.

And let's talk about strategy as well as tactics. Open the board up and play as many letters as you can or try to make 3 or 4 words out of a single letter and keep the board closed? I play the latter.

What do you all do?

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-01-2013, 09:17 PM
(22-01-2013 08:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-01-2013 05:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've done that before. Weird when it works Smile

I use that as a tactic. I can see where on the board it's most profitable for me to play and I'll keep trying various shit to see if it takes. Don't see nothing wrong with that.

I got many tactics. Save your M's and W's and F's to get a double or triple letter value where you can make 2 double letter words out of it and get like 16 points from a single letter. Never let a triple word opening go even if it means you only get 9 pts when you can get 30 elsewhere. Don't leave it open for your opponent to fuck you with later, odds are they probably set you up in the first place hoping you won't take it. Use the fact that the double words scores at the top and bottom of the board are so close together that you can get quadruple score for playing them both.

And let's talk about strategy as well as tactics. Open the board up and play as many letters as you can or try to make 3 or 4 words out of a single letter and keep the board closed? I play the latter.

What do you all do?
This is what I try to do, too.
24-01-2013, 12:21 AM
(22-01-2013 08:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-01-2013 05:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've done that before. Weird when it works Smile

What do you all do?

It's weird...but I don't think about what to play...I just look at what I think might be best.. But I do truly suck ass at thinking about what will give me the most points. Sometimes I wish it would tell you before you hit send :/

24-01-2013, 12:47 AM
Re: Words With Friends Topic
Mom, girlyman, you should add me

orianahobbit

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
24-01-2013, 02:06 PM
(24-01-2013 12:47 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Mom, girlyman, you should add me

orianahobbit

Right now, I've got a lot of games going....three with fb people. As soon as I'm finished with those ill add ya! Probably tomorrow or Saturday.

24-01-2013, 02:12 PM
I'm maxed out on games... that I can start.

So, if you want to start a game with me, I'm "kingschosen".

[Image: vjp09.gif]
24-01-2013, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2013 11:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-01-2013 12:47 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Mom, girlyman, you should add me

orianahobbit

Done. You get the first move. Not gonna tell you why. Tongue

(24-01-2013 12:21 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's weird...but I don't think about what to play...I just look at what I think might be best.. But I do truly suck ass at thinking about what will give me the most points. Sometimes I wish it would tell you before you hit send :/

I add the alternatives up in my head before I play the highest scoring.

(22-01-2013 09:17 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(22-01-2013 08:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And let's talk about strategy as well as tactics. Open the board up and play as many letters as you can or try to make 3 or 4 words out of a single letter and keep the board closed? I play the latter.

What do you all do?
This is what I try to do, too.

I got a game going with that poor woman surrounded by testosterone which is opening up the board naturally. This one's gonna get interesting.

Play the game to the end no matter how far you're behind. Endgame is where all the 2-letter and 3-letter words are played. KC just kicked my ass by some 40 pts. But I learned that di and jaup are acceptable words. Thumbsup