Words of God regarding wisdom.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2013, 10:58 AM
RE: Words of God regarding wisdom.
(30-01-2013 10:45 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  Chas, I am not familiar with Vera and what this person normally posts. If you believe this account to be compromised, should I refrain from responding to whomever is posting under it?

I have investigated and, I am sorry to say, Vera has been possessed by demons.
You are free to respond, but I suggest having a vial of holy water and a silver cross beside your computer.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Not buying it.

Vera would never say "Thanks" to me for making such a remark. She'd mock me with cynicism. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
30-01-2013, 11:01 AM
LOL, . . . thanks Chas.

It is really quite simple, "Vera". WANTING "perfection" doesn't [therefore] make a "god" entity a reality. The universe never promised anyone "perfection", . . . and what would "perfection" even look like?
30-01-2013, 11:04 AM
(30-01-2013 10:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  Restate that in a BDSM homoerotic vampire context and I'll believe it's you. Drinking Beverage
Such practices (BDSM, as well the fascination with vampires, witches, etc., which are at best just silly fantasies, and at worse, a symptom of a serious problem) are just one more consequence of the Fall.

If we treat God as just a "character from a book", no wonder we've started worshipping other "characters" and trying to emulate them.

And Chas, demons are not something to be joked about. I wouldn't wish possession by them on my biggest enemy. Just sayin'

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
30-01-2013, 11:06 AM
(30-01-2013 11:01 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  It is really quite simple, "Vera". WANTING "perfection" doesn't [therefore] make a "god" entity a reality. The universe never promised anyone "perfection", . . . and what would "perfection" even look like?

You're missing my point. If there isn't perfection in the universe, how come we have the idea of it?

I don't know what it would look like; like I said, it is unattainable and ungraspable while we're still in our mortal bodies.

30-01-2013, 11:13 AM
If it is unattainable and ungraspable, . . . then how do you know your "idea of it" is even true?
30-01-2013, 11:17 AM
(30-01-2013 11:13 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  If it is unattainable and ungraspable, . . . then how do you know your "idea of it" is even true?
Again, you're missing my point. Maybe I didn't explain it well enough. I'm not saying that my idea is true. I'm saying that if there is no perfection in the universe (and without God, there isn't), how come the idea of perfection exists at all?

30-01-2013, 11:20 AM
(30-01-2013 11:17 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 11:13 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  If it is unattainable and ungraspable, . . . then how do you know your "idea of it" is even true?
Again, you're missing my point. Maybe I didn't explain it well enough. I'm not saying that my idea is true. I'm saying that if there is no perfection in the universe (and without God, there isn't), how come the idea of perfection exists at all?
Mathematics? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
30-01-2013, 11:23 AM
(30-01-2013 11:20 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Mathematics?
The expression of perfection. The manifestation of perfection. The language of perfection even. Not perfection itself.

30-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Seriously, Vera. Your "point" isn't making any sense at all. I can have the "idea" of many things that are far from reality. And again, . . . if your "idea of perfection" isn't even graspable, how do you know what that "perfection" would even look like [in order to define it to "a god"]?

And here you said, "The expression of perfection. The manifestation of perfection. The language of perfection even. Not perfection itself." How do you know? Ungraspable, remember? define this "perfection that only can be god".