Words of God regarding wisdom.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2013, 11:30 AM
RE: Words of God regarding wisdom.
(30-01-2013 11:23 AM)Vera Wrote:  The expression of perfection. The manifestation of perfection. The language of perfection even. Not perfection itself.
I feel in the mood for a cup of the good old reductio ad absurdum today. Yes

If there is no Bigfoot on Earth, how come the idea of Bigfoot exists at all?

If there is no Santa Clause on Earth, how come the idea of Santa Claus exists at all?

If there are no extraterrestrial life forms in the Universe, how come the idea of extraterrestrial life forms exists at all?

etc. pp.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
30-01-2013, 11:35 AM
(30-01-2013 11:25 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  Seriously, Vera. Your "point" isn't making any sense at all. I can have the "idea" of many things that are far from reality. And again, . . . if your "idea of perfection" isn't even graspable, how do you know what that "perfection" would even look like [in order to define it to "a god"]?
But still based on something that actually exists.

And I never said I knew what perfection looks like. Actually, I believe I stated that I do not know what it looks like. Nor will I ever dare try and define God.

Quote:And here you said, "The expression of perfection. The manifestation of perfection. The language of perfection even. Not perfection itself." How do you know? Ungraspable, remember? define this "perfection that only can be god".
I never said I could define it. Okay, maybe I'm wrong on this one, but to me, the perfection (for lack of better word) that we find in math, has always struck me as the closest manifestation we have of the Perfection that is outside the physical realm of this world. Like I said, just how I feel.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
30-01-2013, 11:38 AM
(30-01-2013 11:30 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I feel in the mood for a cup of the good old reductio ad absurdum today. Yes

If there is no Bigfoot on Earth, how come the idea of Bigfoot exists at all?

Because there animals that are similar enough for the belief in its existence to appear.

Same principle applies to the rest of your examples.

30-01-2013, 11:44 AM
WOW, this is great. Dissing your "wisdom" really rattled your cages, didnt it? I love it. Theres too many posts for me to respond to while I was blocked so I wont respond but now that I'm back, feel free to obfuscate all you want to. Big Grin
30-01-2013, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2013 11:50 AM by Vosur.)
(30-01-2013 11:38 AM)Vera Wrote:  Because there animals that are similar enough for the belief in its existence to appear.

Same principle applies to the rest of your examples.
Which animal(s) would that be for the example of extraterrestrials?

Also, what about, say, Hindu gods such as Vishnu? If Vishnu doesn't exist, how come Hindus have an idea of him? If Nirvana doesn't exist, how come Buddhists have an idea of it?

30-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Not sure how else to continue the conversation. "Perfection", . . . the idea of it, . . . doesn't mean "a god [therefore] exists", just because we have associated "perfection" with "god" [well, in certain religions, not all]. The fact that we can contemplate "perfection" just means we have the ability TO ponder. But until we can even qualify "perfection", it seems like an excercise in futility.
30-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Quote:Which animal(s) would that be for the example of extraterrestrials?

Also, what about, say, Hindu gods such as Vishnu? If Vishnu doesn't exist, how come Hindus have an idea of him? If Nirvana doesn't exist, how come Buddhists have an idea of it?

Obviously, I didn't mean an animal in all cases. Aliens are usually based on the life on this plane - humans, animals, insects, what have you. Please show me at least one representation of an alien that cannot be traced back to something on Earth.

I really am not familiar enough with Hinduism to reply to the second part. This being said, I think the idea of Nirvana is a deterioration of the bliss of Eden and the one that will be our existence once we are in God's presence again, gazing upon His face.

30-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Since when did Vera start getting shit from the bible.. and her heart?!?! Her account must be hacked?!

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 1 user Likes k37713's post
30-01-2013, 12:01 PM
(30-01-2013 11:55 AM)k37713 Wrote:  Since when did Vera start getting shit from the bible.. and her heart?!?! Her account must be hacked?!

Her realization that she and I will likely never meet has emotionally and mentally unhinged her. Drinking Beverage

Poor girl. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
30-01-2013, 12:03 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2013 12:08 PM by Vosur.)
(30-01-2013 11:54 AM)Vera Wrote:  Obviously, I didn't mean an animal in all cases. Aliens are usually based on the life on this plane - humans, animals, insects, what have you. Please show me at least one representation of an alien that cannot be traced back to something on Earth.
I'm sorry to say that I lack the artistic talent to draw the representations of aliens that I have come up with in my mind.

(30-01-2013 11:54 AM)Vera Wrote:  I really am not familiar enough with Hinduism to reply to the second part. This being said, I think the idea of Nirvana is a deterioration of the bliss of Eden and the one that will be our existence once we are in God's presence again, gazing upon His face.
And how would that be possible? Buddhism was founded hundreds of years before the Genesis account reached India for the first time.