Words of God regarding wisdom.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2013, 12:07 PM
RE: Words of God regarding wisdom.
(30-01-2013 12:03 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You do realize that is thousands of years older than Judaism and Christianity, right? Consider
Yeah, because after the Fall people took to idolatry and false religions and lost the truth for quite a while. It actually proves my point - the bliss of Eden was first and traces of it remained even in the false religions (not an expression I normally use though, I think bits of the truth are spread in all religion, to varying degrees).

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2013, 12:10 PM
(30-01-2013 12:07 PM)Vera Wrote:  Yeah, because after the Fall people took to idolatry and false religions and lost the truth for quite a while. It actually proves my point - the bliss of Eden was first and traces of it remained even in the false religions (not an expression I normally use though, I think bits of the truth are spread in all religion, to varying degrees).
Am I to take it that you believe in a literal Genesis account?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
30-01-2013, 12:22 PM
(30-01-2013 12:10 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Am I to take it that you believe in a literal Genesis account?
No, what made you think so? Just because I believe in the garden of Eden (or in a pre-Fallen state of bliss), doesn't mean I believe the world was created in 6 days, for example.

30-01-2013, 12:37 PM
(30-01-2013 12:22 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 12:10 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Am I to take it that you believe in a literal Genesis account?
No, what made you think so? Just because I believe in the garden of Eden (or in a pre-Fallen state of bliss), doesn't mean I believe the world was created in 6 days, for example.

What pre-Fallen state of bliss? What Fall? Consider Inquiring minds want to know.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-01-2013, 12:47 PM
(30-01-2013 12:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  What pre-Fallen state of bliss? What Fall? Consider Inquiring minds want to know.
The Fall of Man when he disobeyed God. Don't play dumb, Chas, it's all in the Bible.

30-01-2013, 01:15 PM
(30-01-2013 12:47 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 12:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  What pre-Fallen state of bliss? What Fall? Consider Inquiring minds want to know.
The Fall of Man when he disobeyed God. Don't play dumb, Chas, it's all in the Bible.

But I don't believe in ancient myths. Consider

30-01-2013, 01:22 PM
(30-01-2013 01:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  But I don't believe in ancient myths. Consider
Well, then there really isn't any point in discussing something that you don't believe in and something which I know in my heart and with every fibre of my being, to be true.

You're a smart guy, Chas, I know this. But there are things that only the heart (and the soul) can figure out.

30-01-2013, 01:24 PM
(30-01-2013 01:22 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 01:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  But I don't believe in ancient myths. Consider
Well, then there really isn't any point in discussing something that you don't believe in and something which I know in my heart and with every fibre of my being, to be true.

You're a smart guy, Chas, I know this. But there are things that only the heart (and the soul) can figure out.

There is no evidence of hearts thinking or souls even existing.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
30-01-2013, 01:29 PM
(30-01-2013 01:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is no evidence of hearts thinking or souls even existing.
I never said the heart was thinking. Some knowledge is granted. Or reached through love and openness to the wisdom that is beyond our rational knowledge.

30-01-2013, 01:38 PM
(30-01-2013 01:29 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 01:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is no evidence of hearts thinking or souls even existing.
I never said the heart was thinking. Some knowledge is granted. Or reached through love and openness to the wisdom that is beyond our rational knowledge.

You are, of course, free to believe that your feelings are knowledge. They are not.