Words of God regarding wisdom.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2013, 02:04 PM
RE: Words of God regarding wisdom.
(30-01-2013 02:01 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 01:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  You never said anything interesting, provocative, or new.
The Truth is as old as time. How do you expect me to come up with something new. And I didn't know this was a Playboy forum. Do I need to post nude pictures to be taken seriously?

To me the perfection that is God is more than interesting, not my fault it's not good enough for you.

It's not good enough because there is no evidence of the existence of any gods. So it is, in fact, you fault for not providing any evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2013, 02:10 PM
FORGIVE ME JESUS!!!!!!!!!!

I used to be a zombie Weeping

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like bemore's post
30-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Chas, I never claimed I had evidence of the existence of God, other than what I feel with my whole being to be true. That's more than enough for me, but I understand it doesn't mean anything to you. However, I never said I was here to try and persuade you into believing what I know.

I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition, however Tongue

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
30-01-2013, 02:12 PM
(30-01-2013 02:11 PM)Vera Wrote:  Chas, I never claimed I had evidence of the existence of God, other than what I feel with my whole being to be true. That's more than enough for me, but I understand it doesn't mean anything to you. However, I never said I was here to try and persuade you into believing what I know.

I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition, however Tongue

{insert}Monty Python clip{/insert}

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Strange, I can recall many instances where she was bashing religion in general, hell I'm sure some of those posts were made yesterday. Something isn't adding up here.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
30-01-2013, 02:27 PM
(30-01-2013 02:03 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Something isn't right here...this can't be Vera.
Doesn't sound like Vera to me.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-01-2013, 02:30 PM
(30-01-2013 02:13 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Strange, I can recall many instances where she was bashing religion in general, hell I'm sure some of those posts were made yesterday. Something isn't adding up here.

Im confused too.. The Vera I read posts from definitely doesn't go into her "feelings" .. I'm pretty sure something fishy is going on round here.. haha

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
30-01-2013, 02:40 PM
It doesn't sound like Vera on this thread, but if you go to the other threads she posted on today she doesn't seem too far off from her usual self (although still lacking some of her usual cynicism). The problem isn't so much with her "coming out" as being a theist as much as how incongruent the things she is saying here are matched with everything else she has said since joining. She hasn't been quiet on the subject of religion and theists, she hasn't been one who taps into her "feelings" like this, she has been saturated with cynicism. The projection of her in this thread is a complete contradiction to the Vera we've known for the past three months. So the question is, has she been putting up this false display the whole time on purpose to hide how she really feels or is she just joking around and laughing her ass off at our confusion?

[Image: giphy.gif]
30-01-2013, 02:41 PM
(30-01-2013 02:40 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  She hasn't been quiet on the subject of religion and theists, she hasn't been one who taps into her "feelings" like this, she has been saturated with cynicism.
Aye, and that's what I love the girl for. Smile

I still think she's messing with us. Time will tell.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
30-01-2013, 03:48 PM
(30-01-2013 02:40 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  It doesn't sound like Vera on this thread, but if you go to the other threads she posted on today she doesn't seem too far off from her usual self (although still lacking some of her usual cynicism). The problem isn't so much with her "coming out" as being a theist as much as how incongruent the things she is saying here are matched with everything else she has said since joining. She hasn't been quiet on the subject of religion and theists, she hasn't been one who taps into her "feelings" like this, she has been saturated with cynicism. The projection of her in this thread is a complete contradiction to the Vera we've known for the past three months. So the question is, has she been putting up this false display the whole time on purpose to hide how she really feels or is she just joking around and laughing her ass off at our confusion?

It is just not her.. not on this thread.. I'd bet money on it.. She just posted something on the dating a theist thing completely saying no she wouldn't.. NOT TO MENTION--hehe.. she hasn't addressed us saying over and over that this is not her.. just ignore her on this thread..

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang