Words of God regarding wisdom.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2013, 11:11 AM
RE: Words of God regarding wisdom.
Apparently she changed in two days. Two days ago, she posted she wouldn't date a theist since she prefers people who "use more than half of their brain" or something along those lines.

This is all still very peculiar. Consider

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2013, 11:32 AM
I think she's pulling our leg, or her evil twin is posting here now.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
31-01-2013, 11:49 AM
There has to be shenanigans here. I changed over a LONG period of time, . . . .kicking and screaming at times out of my religious faith, . . . but did. What you all are saying just makes this all very weird.
31-01-2013, 11:53 AM
(29-01-2013 09:30 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Not trying to be contrary, but isn't this "pearls before swine"?

It's a nice biblical quote, but you do realize that everyone thinks their own wisdom is "pearls" and that those who don't accept it are "swine", right?

I do, though, see where you're coming from. As plenty of people already said, biblical quotes without an argument to back them up are pointless to post here, and we atheists would treat them just like swine would treat pearls... just step on them without seeing any value in them whatsoever.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
31-01-2013, 11:55 AM
(31-01-2013 11:49 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  There has to be shenanigans here. I changed over a LONG period of time, . . . .kicking and screaming at times out of my religious faith, . . . but did. What you all are saying just makes this all very weird.
That's because losing your faith is not an natural process, it's painful and your whole being is fighting it. Same thing happened to me. That was the most depressed I'd ever been in my life (of course, I was living in Sweden, in the winter, so that didn't help much either Tongue ).

Accepting God back into your heart only takes a second though.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
31-01-2013, 12:00 PM
(31-01-2013 11:55 AM)Vera Wrote:  Accepting God back into your heart only takes a second though.
[Image: tumblr_lzalzlCZsZ1qd6ijeo1_400.gif]

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 4 users Like bemore's post
31-01-2013, 12:00 PM
(31-01-2013 11:55 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(31-01-2013 11:49 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  There has to be shenanigans here. I changed over a LONG period of time, . . . .kicking and screaming at times out of my religious faith, . . . but did. What you all are saying just makes this all very weird.
That's because losing your faith is not an natural process, it's painful and your whole being is fighting it. Same thing happened to me. That was the most depressed I'd ever been in my life (of course, I was living in Sweden, in the winter, so that didn't help much either Tongue ).

You know, from personal experience, that it's not permanent. Whether or not it "only takes a second", you could go back to being an atheist in a second, even if that's not part of your prior experience.

Sorry to hear that you were depressed, but life ends. It's a depressing thought. However comforting belief in an afterlife may be, that doesn't make it true. If you're fine with believing a fantasy so you can get through your day, I guess I'm fine with that, too. There's no atheist heaven, so we don't need your belief. Still, I wish you could cope with the truth.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
31-01-2013, 12:04 PM
It was a long process because I was thoroughly indoctrinated to believe it as "truth". I spent MANY years in an honest and humble attempt to "reach god", and it always came back empty [in the sense that a god was active in my life]. I could enjoy the music [but music in the secular world is equally, if not morese, passionate], spending time with church friends [friends can be found elsewhere, too], . . . but when it came to an undeniable experience with "a god", . . . it was the most empty and vacant time of my life. It was a black pit.

The thing is, . . . "faith" ISN'T a natural process. It is a learned behavior, based upon location. The default is "atheism".
[+] 1 user Likes DeavonReye's post
31-01-2013, 12:06 PM
(31-01-2013 12:00 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  You know, from personal experience, that it's not permanent. Whether or not it "only takes a second", you could go back to being an atheist in a second, even if that's not part of your prior experience.

Sorry to hear that you were depressed, but life ends. It's a depressing thought. However comforting belief in an afterlife may be, that doesn't make it true. If you're fine with believing a fantasy so you can get through your day, I guess I'm fine with that, too. There's no atheist heaven, so we don't need your belief. Still, I wish you could cope with the truth.
I wasn't depressed because I was afraid of dying. I was afraid because I felt all alone without God. (It's also just a chemical disbalance a lot of the time... or a mixture of this and external factors). Anyway, me being depressed or not has nothing to do with this.

Also, I never said you needed my belief. Ask anyone here if I've ever tried preaching. And the truth is not something I need to cope with, I'm just glad I stopped being blind to it.

DeavonReye, I was never taught to be religious or indoctrinated or anything. Found it on my own (or it found me) as a teen. Just like it happened now.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
31-01-2013, 12:09 PM
(31-01-2013 11:55 AM)Vera Wrote:  That's because losing your faith is not an natural process, it's painful and your whole being is fighting it. Same thing happened to me. That was the most depressed I'd ever been in my life (of course, I was living in Sweden, in the winter, so that didn't help much either Tongue ).

Amen.

Praise the Lord!!
Our beloved sister was lost and she has been found!!!
Hallelujah!!!

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
[+] 1 user Likes KVron's post