Words of God regarding wisdom.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2013, 11:12 AM
RE: Words of God regarding wisdom.
Angel (yeah, right... Dodgy )

18 For
the message about the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing,
but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. (I thought the message was about being saved, not sinning, loving thy neighbor, etc. Why the focus on a couple of sticks of wood?) 19 For it is written (consider the source which, by the way, is not God even if he exists),

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart.” (Such a "nice" dude this god character is.)
20 Where
is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of
this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? (Actually, the wisdom of the world has made "God" foolish.) 21 For
since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, (interesting that God's supposed wisdom couldn't bring us to know him - where did that omnipotence go...?)
God decided, through the foolishness of our proclamation, to save those
who believe. (because the needy guy must have those eternal kneelers) 22 For Jews demand signs and Greeks desire wisdom, 23 but we proclaim Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles (what's "foolishness" to some is "wisdom" to others), 24 but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God (Was that a sentence? God couldn't even inspire the authors to have proper grammar). 25 For God’s foolishness is wiser than human wisdom, and God’s weakness is stronger than human strength. (sorry, the yawns are becoming uncontrollable now)
26 Consider your own call, brothers and sisters:g]'>[g] not many of you were wise by human standards,h]'>[h] not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; 28 God chose what is low and despised in the world, things that are not, to reduce to nothing things that are, 29 so that no onei]'>[i] might boast in the presence of God. (I'll give "God" one thing, he does have a bigger ego than anyone else. How dare anyone else feel good about themselves. Worship God now so you can spend eternity feeling like shit on your knees; so you can forever wish you had gone to hell instead.) 30 He
is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom
from God, and righteousness and sanctification and redemption, 31 in order that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast inj]'>[j] the Lord.” So typical of the bible. I had to read that last part twice to make any sense of what it was claiming.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
29-01-2013, 11:28 AM
So, . . . some words, written by some ignorant [of the real world] man in superstitious palestine, which found their way into a collection of other writings from other equally unaware, . . . are supposed to make me "change my ways" just from reading them? That they have some sort of "powerful entity" as the common theme doesn't make them [therefore] true. They are just words. EMPTY words at that!

Impulse, good critique of those verses.
[+] 1 user Likes DeavonReye's post
29-01-2013, 11:50 AM
When do we get to the part with the wisdom?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
29-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Thanks for posting the shit from the founder of the Christian cult, that should be called Paulianity. (Paul of Tarsus).
You are in good company Dicky.
He also was insane. http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...Saint+Paul

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
29-01-2013, 12:04 PM
(29-01-2013 09:56 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 09:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  Please don't post a bunch of Biblical quotes here. It is truly pointless. Drinking Beverage
Dodgy Why? Do you fear the Word of God? How do YOU know there is not one person here that wants to know the truth? This is an atheist forum but people that arent atheists come here too. People searching for answers that havent closed their minds like you. If you dont like what I post then have me banned. Isnt that your way?
Where did this concept come from? Uh, Dick, who were who previously?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
29-01-2013, 01:03 PM
(29-01-2013 09:28 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Angel
18 For the message about the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written,

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart.”
20 Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, God decided, through the foolishness of our proclamation, to save those who believe. 22 For Jews demand signs and Greeks desire wisdom, 23 but we proclaim Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For God’s foolishness is wiser than human wisdom, and God’s weakness is stronger than human strength.
26 Consider your own call, brothers and sisters:g]'>[g] not many of you were wise by human standards,h]'>[h] not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; 28 God chose what is low and despised in the world, things that are not, to reduce to nothing things that are, 29 so that no onei]'>[i] might boast in the presence of God. 30 He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification and redemption, 31 in order that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast inj]'>[j] the Lord.”

Most of us come here to get away from fucktards like you. Dodgy Keep your bible quotes with no points in your bible study! None of us will be there to annoy you with our silly science and rational thinking

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 1 user Likes k37713's post
29-01-2013, 01:24 PM
What's the name of that book again? The babble? Th' bibull? The Lieble? Whatever it is, it has totally changed the way I thin....yea...no. A lot of us here came from a christian background so bible verses are about as insightful of the real world as the Illiad and the Odyssey.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
29-01-2013, 01:27 PM
(29-01-2013 01:24 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  What's the name of that book again? The babble? Th' bibull? The Lieble? Whatever it is, it has totally changed the way I thin....yea...no. A lot of us here came from a christian background so bible verses are about as insightful of the real world as the Illiad and the Odyssey.
Did you just compare the Illiad and Odyssey to the bible. The quality of the compared couldnt be any further apart. Drinking Beverage
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
29-01-2013, 01:47 PM
(29-01-2013 09:30 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Not trying to be contrary, but isn't this "pearls before swine"?
Wow KC...

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-01-2013, 01:53 PM
(29-01-2013 01:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 09:30 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Not trying to be contrary, but isn't this "pearls before swine"?
Wow KC...
No no. Wrong context.

This is per a previous conversation with him.

He said he doesn't waste time with atheists because it's "tossing his pearls before swine". I was just wondering why he's doing exactly what he said he wasn't going to do.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]