Words of God regarding wisdom.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2013, 01:40 PM
RE: Words of God regarding wisdom.
(31-01-2013 01:33 PM)Vera Wrote:  Tartarus, I still gotta make money, right? Tongue Plus, my next book's not gonna be about vampires. Not even fantasy (for the very first time ever, and I have translated about 20 books so far). Chick lit. Not sure if I'm gonna enjoy it more (hate chick lit).
.....there's a difference? Blink

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2013, 01:41 PM
You know April 1st is quite a bit away, don't you?

[Image: opforum1.png]
31-01-2013, 01:51 PM
(31-01-2013 01:33 PM)Vera Wrote:  Dom, you're asking me to describe in words something that is beyond words. It just happened. I thought I didn't believe and then I realised I'd been fooling myself and I'd probably never stopped believing. Don't think I can explain it better than this. Not right now anyway.
Well, that doesn't do it. I know you are a smart, thinking woman. There had to be a thought process. Or at least a feeling.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
31-01-2013, 01:56 PM
(31-01-2013 01:40 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  there's a difference?
Yeah. No vampires. So the willies are supernatural. Can't say really, haven't read much chick lit in my life.

(31-01-2013 01:41 PM)frankiej Wrote:  You know April 1st is quite a bit away, don't you?

Yeah I know Tongue

(31-01-2013 01:51 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, that doesn't do it. I know you are a smart, thinking woman. There had to be a thought process. Or at least a feeling.
But how do you describe a feeling? Or a certainty? Much less so - the process by which you've reached it.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
31-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Stop feeding the Vera! Let her stumble her way back to the reason. Oh why have you forsaken us Great Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
31-01-2013, 01:58 PM
I'm sure I'll wake up tomorrow and this will all have been a horrible dream.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
31-01-2013, 01:59 PM
(30-01-2013 10:11 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 10:07 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  It makes perfect sense when you realize that the bible god character was a work of fiction from men who were ignorant of reality.
No, it makes imperfect sense (or rather, senselessness). Because if He were, indeed, just a character, there wouldn't be anythingperfect in the universe. And that would be a universe I wouldn't want to live in.
A) Define 'perfect', Vera

B) Why must things be 'perfect'? Can't they just be as they are?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
31-01-2013, 02:01 PM
(31-01-2013 01:56 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(31-01-2013 01:40 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  there's a difference?
Yeah. No vampires. So the willies are supernatural.
[Image: 1354029598924.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
31-01-2013, 02:05 PM
(30-01-2013 11:55 AM)k37713 Wrote:  Since when did Vera start getting shit from the bible.. and her heart?!?! Her account must be hacked?!
Yes, is this consistent with what Vera typically writes about? Mods, check the IP address on Vera's latest posts, por favor.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
31-01-2013, 02:06 PM
(31-01-2013 02:05 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 11:55 AM)k37713 Wrote:  Since when did Vera start getting shit from the bible.. and her heart?!?! Her account must be hacked?!
Yes, is this consistent with what Vera typically writes about? Mods, check the IP address on Vera's latest posts, por favor.
Already happened.

I don't think she is kidding guys, might just have to accept that.