Words of God regarding wisdom.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2013, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2013 08:35 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Words of God regarding wisdom.
(30-01-2013 10:01 AM)Vera Wrote:  God is not like "any other human". And words like immorality mean nothing when applied to Him. He said that we shouldn't judge others, what makes you think we can judge Him?

God is just like "any other human". That was the point of the Son of Man's existence and sacrifice. Be your own personal Jesus bitches. Save yourself. It's what God wants. And that's The Word of God right there in a nutshell. .. bitches. Tongue

This is not my signature.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2013, 09:04 PM
This thread [Image: 3010445_700b.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes panterasr9's post
01-02-2013, 12:04 AM
(31-01-2013 12:20 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(31-01-2013 12:13 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  "I'm just glad I stopped being blind to it" is preaching -- not that I had accused you of it before, but I clearly am now because you are. It's not wrong to preach... I do it all the time... but you should at least be aware of it if you're going to claim that you're not.

How exactly is this preaching? Did I say, I'm happy, I wish you all could be just as happy as I am? It was just a response to your somewhat condescending remark that you wished I could cope with the truh (not saying I was offended, that's how I used to talk, as well).

Quote:If the truth is that there is no God, and the lack of God makes you lonely, then the truth would be something you'd need to cope with.

That's a big 'if' though, isn't? The biggest actually.

Quote:it's not something *I* need God to cure.

I was talking about myself though, wasn't I?

Quote:I hate the "atheism is depressing" argument because even a win is a non-win. It's an argument over whether a belief in God is desirable, not over whether it's true. But still, atheism is not depressing for all of us.
I never used such an argument. Just mentioned that I was depressed (quoting other contributing factors as well). Nor did I ever say it was depressing to anyone other than myself.

Your arguments are so pedantic. "I never used [the "atheism is depressing" argument]. Just mentioned that I was depressed"... as an explanation for why you believe in God, which makes it an argument based on the idea that atheism is depressing. To say that you experienced this is to imply that an ordinary person would also. Seriously, if you want to convince others of your point-of-view, don't be dishonest about your intentions or slippery with your language. If your goal is only to convince yourself (as it appears to be from my perspective), I doubt you need to type anything at all.

I don't care if you see this as condescending. Obviously, by making an argument against you, I'm implying that my view is right and that yours is wrong. You could draw condescension from just these simple facts about debate if you really wanted to play the victim, but what do you hope to gain by it? It's pedantic, an attempt to slow the argument or derail it by talking about things that aren't important.

So if you want to convince us that you've "found the truth", then you need to present an argument. Or maybe it's not important to you to use reason to persuade us to believe, in which case you don't know your bible very well .

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
01-02-2013, 01:10 AM
(30-01-2013 01:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 01:22 PM)Vera Wrote:  Well, then there really isn't any point in discussing something that you don't believe in and something which I know in my heart and with every fibre of my being, to be true.

You're a smart guy, Chas, I know this. But there are things that only the heart (and the soul) can figure out.

There is no evidence of hearts thinking or souls even existing.

I concur, the arithmetic of souls doesn't make any sense...

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
01-02-2013, 01:35 AM
So, it seems I have arrived quite late to the party...beyond fashionable, as is my style. I just have a single question. When did people start taking Descartes seriously again? Seriously...

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
01-02-2013, 02:54 AM
[Image: 367hj4.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
01-02-2013, 03:01 AM
I knew I should have gone with my gut instinct.

Well played.

[Image: giphy.gif]
01-02-2013, 04:01 AM
I admit it, I wasn't so sure whether or not you were being serious towards the end. However, you totally blew your cover at the beginning with that whole "Thank you, Vosur" thing.

"Im-fucking-possible" is what I thought when I read that. Dodgy
01-02-2013, 04:05 AM
(01-02-2013 04:01 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I admit it, I wasn't so sure whether or not you were being serious towards the end. However, you totally blew your cover at the beginning with that whole "Thank you, Vosur" thing.

"Im-fucking-possible" is what I thought when I read that. Dodgy
Like hell you weren't fooled Drinking Beverage

(Also, the giveaway was in my very first post, dammit)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
01-02-2013, 05:32 AM
This was kind of an interesting experiment.
It shows that, even though we all really don't know each other, our "spidey sense" kicks in when someone acts out of character. And Vera hasn't been here all that long.
Some folks deconvert and reconvert etc. for a period of time and it's always a possibility for some. But for Vera, it just didn't fit.
Looks like we know each other better than we think, even though we have never met in person and don't know each other's actual identities.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post