Words of God regarding wisdom.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2013, 11:42 AM
RE: Words of God regarding wisdom.
That's okay, Vera. I actually DID believe it myself for many years. That's far worse, IMO. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DeavonReye's post
01-02-2013, 11:46 AM
(01-02-2013 11:34 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(01-02-2013 11:06 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Awww, shucks, you were dead to me. Now you're not. Gotta love the miracle of resurrection...

OK, actually, my skepticism had me first wondering if you were hacked, or left you computer unlocked so a roommate was playing a joke on you/us, then I expecting this to be a gag - you didn't play it long enough for me to come around to enough preponderance of evidence to start believing it yet.
Oh come on, cut me some slack! There's only so much crazy shit I can make up as I go along. Also, the cognitive dissonance was beginning to get to me, at one point I thought I might need someone to come help me snap out of it, was just about ready to believe it myself Hobo
LoL, that's how they get you. Reel you in, get you to show up at the rituals and pretend, just so you can fit into the "in" crowd, then the pretense becomes dependence, then you're addicted. But they don't really have you until your higher orders of reasoning shut down - until then you might snap out of it through some epiphany of rationality.

Still, I give you a B+ for your effort.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
01-02-2013, 12:02 PM
(01-02-2013 11:46 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  LoL, that's how they get you. Reel you in, get you to show up at the rituals and pretend, just so you can fit into the "in" crowd
Yeah, but I was kinda trying to fit in with myself (maybe one of my numerous personalities is religious still) and possibly fit "out" with you Hobo

But yeah, sadly, for many it is just going along with the rest of the crowd and working yourself into believing it is all true and not just made-up, feel-good crap... Scary stuff.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
01-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Hmmph,thought so. Next time pick a more realistic theology to follow, one that doesn't involve as much mental gymnastics.

01-02-2013, 01:55 PM
(01-02-2013 12:29 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Hmmph,thought so. Next time pick a more realistic theology to follow, one that doesn't involve as much mental gymnastics.

I'll take that into consideration next week, when I pretend to be a Jedi! Tongue

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
01-02-2013, 01:59 PM
May the Schwartz be with you!

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 4 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
01-02-2013, 05:37 PM
(01-02-2013 11:34 AM)Vera Wrote:  Also, the cognitive dissonance was beginning to get to me, at one point I thought I might need someone to come help me snap out of it, was just about ready to believe it myself Hobo
hehehehehehe ... you funny girl. Girly don't much give a shit about anyone else's metaphysics, no skin off my scrotal sac. In fact I think it's your responsibility to develop your own. But Girly does know this to be true: "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-02-2013, 05:52 PM
(01-02-2013 05:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
And what happens if one stares into your signature long enough? Or even just glances at it one too many times, unable to avoid it? Consider

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
01-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Yeah, I gotta agree...that signature pic is really awful.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
01-02-2013, 07:12 PM
(01-02-2013 06:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Yeah, I gotta agree...that signature pic is really awful.
I rather like it Ange, then everyone to their own temporary flux driven view point. Smile