Words of God regarding wisdom.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2013, 01:55 PM
RE: Words of God regarding wisdom.
Angie... post is right here.

Apologies if you took that the wrong way.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2013, 01:57 PM
(29-01-2013 01:53 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  "tossing his pearls before swine".
Jesus! The images that came flooding my brain on reading this... Expunge! Expunge!

Anj, in KC's defence (who would've thought), he was being sarcastic. (At least that's his story and he's sticking to it, eh, KC? Tongue )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
29-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Whew okay, I thought you switched teams on us. Big Grin

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
29-01-2013, 02:01 PM
(29-01-2013 01:57 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 01:53 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  "tossing his pearls before swine".
Jesus! The images that came flooding my brain on reading this... Expunge! Expunge!
You're not the only. Was too afraid to say it. haha

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
29-01-2013, 02:01 PM
http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine

I thought of this

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
29-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Vera...once and for all...back away from those awful books...they are ruining your mind!

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-01-2013, 02:13 PM
(29-01-2013 02:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Vera...once and for all...back away from those awful books...they are ruining your mind!
Oh, come on! Tossing... pearls... and a bit of zoophilia thrown in for good measure... it just writes/paints itself. Speaking of which, I give you The Puritans. Congrats, guys, those are the folks who founded your country Angel

(the piggy part starts at 3:40/4:50)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
29-01-2013, 02:30 PM
I think he was trying to call us "fools" for letting rational thinking dictate everything in our lives.

Well, damn, why didn't he just come out and say it?

Just bible quotes? You should know that the bible is up for interpretation by anyone with a well-meaning (?) religious gleam in his eye.

Does anyone know offhand how many translations are out there?

Jesus loves you, but the Devil gives you cool shit.
29-01-2013, 02:36 PM
(29-01-2013 10:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 09:56 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Dodgy Why? Do you fear the Word of God? How do YOU know there is not one person here that wants to know the truth? This is an atheist forum but people that arent atheists come here too. People searching for answers that havent closed their minds like you. If you dont like what I post then have me banned. Isnt that your way?
No, we don't ban for content, but we do ban for spamming.

If you make more threads that are nothing more than Bible quotes, I will judge it as spamming and ban you.

This kind of post is not a conversation starter or a debate, it is just spam.
Shame on you Chas. If I posted some words of Darwin would that be spamming? What a double standard.
29-01-2013, 02:38 PM
(29-01-2013 11:12 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Angel (yeah, right... Dodgy )

18 For
the message about the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing,
but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. (I thought the message was about being saved, not sinning, loving thy neighbor, etc. Why the focus on a couple of sticks of wood?) 19 For it is written (consider the source which, by the way, is not God even if he exists),

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart.” (Such a "nice" dude this god character is.)
20 Where
is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of
this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? (Actually, the wisdom of the world has made "God" foolish.) 21 For
since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, (interesting that God's supposed wisdom couldn't bring us to know him - where did that omnipotence go...?)
God decided, through the foolishness of our proclamation, to save those
who believe. (because the needy guy must have those eternal kneelers) 22 For Jews demand signs and Greeks desire wisdom, 23 but we proclaim Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles (what's "foolishness" to some is "wisdom" to others), 24 but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God (Was that a sentence? God couldn't even inspire the authors to have proper grammar). 25 For God’s foolishness is wiser than human wisdom, and God’s weakness is stronger than human strength. (sorry, the yawns are becoming uncontrollable now)
26 Consider your own call, brothers and sisters:g]'>[g] not many of you were wise by human standards,h]'>[h] not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; 28 God chose what is low and despised in the world, things that are not, to reduce to nothing things that are, 29 so that no onei]'>[i] might boast in the presence of God. (I'll give "God" one thing, he does have a bigger ego than anyone else. How dare anyone else feel good about themselves. Worship God now so you can spend eternity feeling like shit on your knees; so you can forever wish you had gone to hell instead.) 30 He
is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom
from God, and righteousness and sanctification and redemption, 31 in order that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast inj]'>[j] the Lord.” So typical of the bible. I had to read that last part twice to make any sense of what it was claiming.

36 I tell you, on the day of judgment you will have to give an account for every careless word you utter; 37 for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.” Matt. 12:36