Words of God regarding wisdom.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2013, 03:26 PM
RE: Words of God regarding wisdom.
(29-01-2013 03:24 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 02:44 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  I'm just giving the Christian views to things. You go to Christian sites and troll, flame, harass, insult, ridicule, whatever and that's fine but when you get a little of your own medicine suddenly you whine and cry. I'm not mad, I'm not trying to insult you now, that's overwith, but you just dont recognize your own behaviour. Sad, you so fear the Word of the Lord that you cringe from it's display. I won't put that up as a posy anymore. God forbid I scare the crap out of you.

Bullshit- you're not "just giving the Christian view to things", you're throwing Bible verses at us with no context. Not even an interpretation (not that I care for your interpretation- you clearly think us fools), or an attempt at conversation, you're not intending to spark a debate. Just what do you want us to respond with? "Oh my God, my mind is changed and I have seen the light! How foolish I have been!"... How's that? Just what is your intention?

It is not fear that you're encountering here. You're annoying people with this. Many of us are former Christians who know the Bible. Your phrasing as the "sword of the Word of God" is not intimidating. You can say that as loud and with your chest puffed up as much as you want- we roll our eyes at it and say, "Well shit, here's another one who thinks he's either going to save us all or damn us all." You are not the first nor will you be the last guy who wanders through the TTA doors with a mission from the Almighty.

And that's fine, you can come here with a mission- but so far you're failing. You're going about it all wrong. And poking at KC isn't helping your case. We all know his doctrine pretty well. We've all argued the Word of God with him on some level. We're not afraid of it. In fact, many of us know it better than most Christians do. I'm not afraid to crack open a Bible- I keep one at home, but more frequently look up chapters and verses online for the convenience. If you really want to get along here, then we'll welcome you. But you'll have to change things up a bit- and that doesn't mean compromising your principals, unless your principals include only spamming Bible verses at us like we're in Sunday School.

Remember, this is a community, not just a debate forum. You're interacting with real people, with real pasts and real lives. Talk to us like real people, not like we're simply here for you to put a notch in your belt for having tested your mettle against some atheists, or that we're here simply to prove your misconceptions and preconceived notions about atheists through some self-fulfilling prophecy of Christian persecution (there's always some Christian who thinks Atheists hate Christians and comes in here guns blazing to prove it... and sure enough, turns out he's an asshole and we hate him... but it's because he's an asshole, not because he's a Christian).

Ugh, you made me rant. Nobody likes it when I rant, and you're to blame. Wink
Hey mods, can you delete this thread? I was wrong to post it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2013, 03:31 PM
(29-01-2013 03:26 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 03:24 PM)kineo Wrote:  Bullshit- you're not "just giving the Christian view to things", you're throwing Bible verses at us with no context. Not even an interpretation (not that I care for your interpretation- you clearly think us fools), or an attempt at conversation, you're not intending to spark a debate. Just what do you want us to respond with? "Oh my God, my mind is changed and I have seen the light! How foolish I have been!"... How's that? Just what is your intention?

It is not fear that you're encountering here. You're annoying people with this. Many of us are former Christians who know the Bible. Your phrasing as the "sword of the Word of God" is not intimidating. You can say that as loud and with your chest puffed up as much as you want- we roll our eyes at it and say, "Well shit, here's another one who thinks he's either going to save us all or damn us all." You are not the first nor will you be the last guy who wanders through the TTA doors with a mission from the Almighty.

And that's fine, you can come here with a mission- but so far you're failing. You're going about it all wrong. And poking at KC isn't helping your case. We all know his doctrine pretty well. We've all argued the Word of God with him on some level. We're not afraid of it. In fact, many of us know it better than most Christians do. I'm not afraid to crack open a Bible- I keep one at home, but more frequently look up chapters and verses online for the convenience. If you really want to get along here, then we'll welcome you. But you'll have to change things up a bit- and that doesn't mean compromising your principals, unless your principals include only spamming Bible verses at us like we're in Sunday School.

Remember, this is a community, not just a debate forum. You're interacting with real people, with real pasts and real lives. Talk to us like real people, not like we're simply here for you to put a notch in your belt for having tested your mettle against some atheists, or that we're here simply to prove your misconceptions and preconceived notions about atheists through some self-fulfilling prophecy of Christian persecution (there's always some Christian who thinks Atheists hate Christians and comes in here guns blazing to prove it... and sure enough, turns out he's an asshole and we hate him... but it's because he's an asshole, not because he's a Christian).

Ugh, you made me rant. Nobody likes it when I rant, and you're to blame. Wink
Hey mods, can you delete this thread? I was wrong to post it.
Mods don't delete threads fucktard.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
29-01-2013, 03:34 PM
(29-01-2013 01:53 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  He said he doesn't waste time with atheists because it's "tossing his pearls before swine". I was just wondering why he's doing exactly what he said he wasn't going to do.
People are contradictory, so?

I don't believe in logic.

And?

/namiloveyou

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
29-01-2013, 03:35 PM
(29-01-2013 02:38 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 11:12 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Angel (yeah, right... Dodgy )

18 For
the message about the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing,
but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. (I thought the message was about being saved, not sinning, loving thy neighbor, etc. Why the focus on a couple of sticks of wood?) 19 For it is written (consider the source which, by the way, is not God even if he exists),

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart.” (Such a "nice" dude this god character is.)
20 Where
is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of
this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? (Actually, the wisdom of the world has made "God" foolish.) 21 For
since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, (interesting that God's supposed wisdom couldn't bring us to know him - where did that omnipotence go...?)
God decided, through the foolishness of our proclamation, to save those
who believe. (because the needy guy must have those eternal kneelers) 22 For Jews demand signs and Greeks desire wisdom, 23 but we proclaim Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles (what's "foolishness" to some is "wisdom" to others), 24 but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God (Was that a sentence? God couldn't even inspire the authors to have proper grammar). 25 For God’s foolishness is wiser than human wisdom, and God’s weakness is stronger than human strength. (sorry, the yawns are becoming uncontrollable now)
26 Consider your own call, brothers and sisters:g]'>[g] not many of you were wise by human standards,h]'>[h] not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; 28 God chose what is low and despised in the world, things that are not, to reduce to nothing things that are, 29 so that no onei]'>[i] might boast in the presence of God. (I'll give "God" one thing, he does have a bigger ego than anyone else. How dare anyone else feel good about themselves. Worship God now so you can spend eternity feeling like shit on your knees; so you can forever wish you had gone to hell instead.) 30 He
is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom
from God, and righteousness and sanctification and redemption, 31 in order that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast inj]'>[j] the Lord.” So typical of the bible. I had to read that last part twice to make any sense of what it was claiming.

36 I tell you, on the day of judgment you will have to give an account for every careless word you utter; 37 for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.” Matt. 12:36
Pardon me while I Laugh out load
I gave you my independent thought and you replied with more sheep-regurgitated bible quotes. Rolleyes

Anyway, those quotes would be great news if they were true! They suggest I would have a better chance of getting to hell and not having to spend eternity - ETERNITY! - on my knees worshiping a murderous, angry, jealous being who advocates rape, slavery, cannibalism, incest, and a whole range of other atrocities.

Silence is only golden when it's not synonymous with a failure to speak out against injustice.

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." --Gene Roddenberry
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
29-01-2013, 03:36 PM
(29-01-2013 03:35 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 02:38 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  36 I tell you, on the day of judgment you will have to give an account for every careless word you utter; 37 for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.” Matt. 12:36
Pardon me while I Laugh out load
I gave you my independent thought and you replied with more sheep-regurgitated bible quotes. Rolleyes

Anyway, those quotes would be great news if they were true! They suggest I would have a better chance of getting to hell and not having to spend eternity - ETERNITY! - on my knees worshiping a murderous, angry, jealous being who advocates rape, slavery, cannibalism, incest, and a whole range of other atrocities.
If you say so.
29-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Jeez, I think good old Richard set up a new record for the highest rate of posts per day (153.09).

[Image: tumblr_mcz617rSy01r38j04o1_500.gif]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
29-01-2013, 03:42 PM
(29-01-2013 03:36 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 03:35 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Pardon me while I Laugh out load

If you say so.
That's all you have to say... again...?
I'm beginning to see that you have given very little if any thought to what you believe in and why. That explains a lot and sounds exactly like so many other religious-minded people I know.

Silence is only golden when it's not synonymous with a failure to speak out against injustice.

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." --Gene Roddenberry
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
29-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Speaking of god and wisdom, which when put together is an oxymoron really when you look at the gods that have been proposed...

Why in the hell did this brilliant designer create an extra row of teeth in the back of the mouth for us humans that serve no purpose and tend to cause problems which results in their being removed? What kind of intelligent design is that!? If there is a god and he created us in his image then he is either really flawed or just an ass hole.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

29-01-2013, 03:48 PM
(29-01-2013 02:36 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  ]Shame on you Chas. If I posted some words of Darwin would that be spamming? What a double standard.

If that was what most of your posts consisted of, then yes we would.
29-01-2013, 04:28 PM
(29-01-2013 03:48 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 02:36 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  ]Shame on you Chas. If I posted some words of Darwin would that be spamming? What a double standard.

If that was what most of your posts consisted of, then yes we would.
Scot. That point was already discussed and is over. I asked that this thread be deleted. I wish someone would.