Words of God regarding wisdom.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2013, 10:20 AM
RE: Words of God regarding wisdom.
(30-01-2013 10:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 10:11 AM)Vera Wrote:  No, it makes imperfect sense (or rather, senselessness). Because if He were, indeed, just a character, there wouldn't be anythingperfect in the universe. And that would be a universe I wouldn't want to live in.

WTAF? Honey, that is exactly the universe you, and all of us, do live in.
Well, she is perfect, so, you know... Blush

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2013, 10:22 AM
(30-01-2013 10:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  WTAF? Honey, that is exactly the universe you, and all of us, do live in.
The universe, just like God, is unknowable, how can you be so bold as to state that it is "exactly" this or that way?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
30-01-2013, 10:27 AM
I don't see where you're getting "perfect" from. The bible god character IS just a character created from the mind of imperfect and ignorant [of the natural world] men. This isn't meant as an attack on you, Vera. It is what it is. What I mentioned before shows how imperfectly created [from man] this "god character" is.
30-01-2013, 10:28 AM
(30-01-2013 10:22 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 10:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  WTAF? Honey, that is exactly the universe you, and all of us, do live in.
The universe, just like God, is unknowable, how can you be so bold as to state that it is "exactly" this or that way?

Enough of this jocularity. Einstein

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-01-2013, 10:32 AM
(30-01-2013 10:27 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  I don't see where you're getting "perfect" from. The bible god character IS just a character created from the mind of imperfect and ignorant [of the natural world] men. This isn't meant as an attack on you, Vera. It is what it is. What I mentioned before shows how imperfectly created [from man] this "god character" is.
I'm getting it from the Bible and from my own heart. If my mind can conceive the idea of perfection and if my soul craves it, it must exist. And it most surely doesn't exist on Earth. Not anymore anyway. So it means it is embodied in God.

And it is not what it is. It is what it is to you. Just because you think that something is true, doesn't mean it is. Or rather, it is - but only to you. And that's the difference between our, human truth and that of God.

And, Vosur, thank you, if you meant me, but no human being is perfect. Not while we're still on this Earth anyway.

30-01-2013, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2013 10:38 AM by Chas.)
(30-01-2013 10:32 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 10:27 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  I don't see where you're getting "perfect" from. The bible god character IS just a character created from the mind of imperfect and ignorant [of the natural world] men. This isn't meant as an attack on you, Vera. It is what it is. What I mentioned before shows how imperfectly created [from man] this "god character" is.
I'm getting it from the Bible and from my own heart. If my mind can conceive the idea of perfection and if my soul craves it, it must exist. And it most surely doesn't exist on Earth. Not anymore anyway. So it means it is embodied in God.

And it is not what it is. It is what it is to you. Just because you think that something is true, doesn't mean it is. Or rather, it is - but only to you. And that's the difference between our, human truth and that of God.

And, Vosur, thank you, if you meant me, but no human being is perfect. Not while we're still on this Earth anyway.

Apparently Vera's account has been hijacked. I will investigate. Until solved, I will moderate her account.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Spontaneous conversion! It's a miracle, praise the Lord! Rolleyes

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
30-01-2013, 10:45 AM
So, Chas, is this your answer to anything you can't deal with or which doesn't fit in with your own ideas - of me, of the universe, of everything? Using your power?

I finally dare to open up a bit and share how I feel and what do I get in return? Mockery. And you wonder why I think God is perfect. He never mocks me, He always understands and comforts me, and loves me for who I am and not for who He thinks I should be.

30-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Chas, I am not familiar with Vera and what this person normally posts. If you believe this account to be compromised, should I refrain from responding to whomever is posting under it?
30-01-2013, 10:57 AM
(30-01-2013 10:45 AM)Vera Wrote:  So, Chas, is this your answer to anything you can't deal with or which doesn't fit in with your own ideas - of me, of the universe, of everything? Using your power?

I finally dare to open up a bit and share how I feel and what do I get in return? Mockery. And you wonder why I think God is perfect. He never mocks me, He always understands and comforts me, and loves me for who I am and not for who He thinks I should be.

Restate that in a BDSM homoerotic vampire context and I'll believe it's you. Drinking Beverage

[+] 4 users Like Chas's post